- March 31: Honda Recalls Civic For Tires That Can Quickly Go Flat
- March 15: Honda Recalls 887,000 Odyssey Minivans For Gas Leaks
- February 15: J.D. Power Study: Vehicle Problems on the Rise
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 4: Don't Slam the Door on the Honda Accord
Shuts Off While Driving
1999 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 3)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,813 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 51 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (46 reports)
- dealership replaced ignition switch (2 reports)
- it was the bad ignition switch which needs replacement (2 reports)
- replace the main relay (1 reports)