- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 21 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 28 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 62 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 64 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
2.0hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 80,496 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem