- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 8 days ago
- May 18: Honda CR-V and Acura RDX Recalled For Invisible Ink recalls | 8 days ago
- May 17: Lawsuit Says 2015-2017 Honda CR-V SUVs Have Fuel Odor Problems news | 9 days ago
- May 3: Honda and Takata Sued Over Malaysian Death Caused by Airbag news | 23 days ago
- April 19: Woman Punctured in the Throat by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 37 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Worst 1999 Accord seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- SRS light is on4
- air bag did not deploy and seatbelt didn't lock up ...1
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal31
- NHTSA: Air Bags20
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Retractor7
- NHTSA: Seat Belts5
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module4
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Anchorage4
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Rear2
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Driver Side Inflator Module1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Buckle Assembly1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Webbing1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.