- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 1 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 10 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 12 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 15 days ago
- July 11: Honda Confirms Another Takata-Related Death news | 18 days ago
Air Bag Did Not Deploy And Seatbelt Didn't Lock Up In Accident
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 55,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
seat belts / air bags problem