CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.

Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.

1999 Honda Accord suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Honda Accord:

1999 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Nov 012009

Accord LX

My car has been making noises when I move the steering wheel left or right and it's really bad, I can feel it under my feet. it sounds like when you open a door really slowly. Every time I get out of the car or when the car is off it still does it. It's on the drivers side and up front by the tire. I am just so sick of it and I try to turn the radio up but it doesn't work. I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what this could be??? I am just confused and have been trying to figure out what it could - be any ideas??

- , Erie, PA, USA