- August 21: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 2 days ago
- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 24 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 26 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 35 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 37 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- instrument panel lights randomly go out2
- automatic locks don't work1
- cd player died1
- odometer display unreadable1
- radio goes in and out1
- rear door seal leaking1
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting21
- NHTSA: Seats20
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Instrument Panel13
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner9
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust3
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly2
- NHTSA: Equipment2
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Harness Buckle1
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Harness Buckle: Infant1
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Anti-Theft Devices1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.