Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.

2000 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Accord:

2000 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jan 282011

Accord EX 3.0L V6

Basically, the light that lights up the engine temperature randomly doesn't come on when I turn my light on. Sometimes it lasts a minute, other times it lasts a month. This also occasionally happens to the left side of the speedometer.

- , Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

Feb 132010

Accord EX L V6

I have read of this problem on other sights as well. My instrument panel lights go out after my car has been running for a while. I ALWAYS drive with my lights on so no dashlights during the day is not a problem. At night however it is. I can't see how fast I'm traveling, although I can keep steady with surrounding traffic, if there is any, but cant see how much gas I have and the 'low gas' light does not work either. I carry a small flashlight for this reason but I believe this to be a safety hazard.

- , Littleton, CO, USA