- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 11 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 16 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 19 days ago
- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 41 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 45 days ago
NHTSA — Interior Lighting Problems
2000 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 95,931 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
accessories - interior problem