Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.

2000 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Accord:

2000 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Apr 212004

Accord EX 2.3L I4

The engine bay is a corroded mess. Strut bolts, all metal tubing, any exposed aluminum(intake manifold, head), PS pump, alternator, and even the brake lines are showing some bubbling under their coating. I don't know why this is so bad but I have a theory. The engine bay on this car is designed to accommodate either the v6 or the I4 so it is quite large. I have the I4 so there is a lot of open space in front of the engine. I think that despite the plastic shroud underneath there is a lot of road spray that mists up into the engine bay and coats everything with salt in the winter. So far I haven't had any mechanical problems from the corrosion but I feel that it's on the horizon. I have a 1990 accord also and the engine bay on that car looks great so I think Honda dropped the ball on this deal.

- , Columbus, OH, USA