Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.

2. repaint (1 reports)
2000 Honda Accord body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Accord:

2000 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Dec 102014

Accord LX V6

I bought this 2000 Honda Accord for my mother for a Mother's Day present May 2000. I had the gold kit added and drove it straight off the showroom floor. The paint is COMPLETELY worn off of the car and it looks terrible. I can't believe Honda has not recalled this issue. Honda is SOOO much better than this.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

May 012013

Accord V6

The paint job on this year Honda is terrible. I have never seen a car with a paint job this bad. My top and hood is down to the rust. The car still drives great but the way it looks is really embarrassing. I can't believe Honda did not do a recall on this year model. I have seen so many Hondas with the same problem.

Shame on you Honda!

- , Sanford, NC, USA

Jun 012005

Accord EX 3.2L V6

After five years of ownership, the original paint on the car was almost non-existent. I have had some body work on the car (within a month of purchase) I was rear-ended by a woman talking on her cell phone. The paint and clear coat look showroom new to this day. Clearly the factory paint is either shoddily made or programmed to fail. Where is Honda's quality?

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Apr 302008

Accord EX 2.3L 4 cyl

As I drive around and see the same paint fading on comparative Honda Accords its obvious that something is wrong with the paint and not the way we took care of the car.

- , Livingston, NJ, USA