- April 19: Woman Punctured in the Throat by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 9 days ago
- April 8: Honda Pilots Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 20 days ago
- April 7: Honda Recalls 2003 Accord to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 21 days ago
Engine Light Is On
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 129,625 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- good question (2 reports)
- new transmission recommended (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)