- September 26: Honda CR-V Gas Smell Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 1 days ago
- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 3 days ago
- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 44 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 51 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 70 days ago
Engine Light Is On
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 129,625 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 4 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- good question (2 reports)
- new transmission recommended (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)