CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.

8.0

2000 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Accord:

2000 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 132010

Accord LX V4

I have a 2000 Honda Accord LX with 120K miles. It won't start when it's hot outside. No service light illuminate & no error codes code up when I up it on the reader. New battery, timing belt & spark plugs. This is too much of an issue because I work early mornings & by the time I get off of work it's hot out. I live in Texas so heat in the summer is constant. I refuse to drive my car from season o season. Please tell me that this issue can be repaired. If it was the starter or alternator, it wouldn't start up at all. The starter & alternator doesn't have certain temperture preferences in order to work. I need this problem fixed ASAP. Its annoying to be able to get to work early in the morning & not be able to drive home because my car sets in the heat.

- , Houston, TX, USA