- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 4 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 7 days ago
- July 7: Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 16 days ago
- July 2: Acura HandsFreeLink Problems Cause Battery Drain Lawsuit news | 21 days ago
- July 1: NHTSA Has Urgent Message For Honda and Acura Owners news | 22 days ago
NHTSA — Exterior Lighting: Brake Lights Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
2.4hardly worth mentioning
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 62,200 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.