- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 72 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 83 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 83 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- SRS light is on66
- seat belts brake2
- air bag did not deploy1
- airbags deployed unnecessarily1
- NHTSA: Air Bags225
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module113
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal54
- NHTSA: Seat Belts28
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Side/Window18
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Buckle Assembly9
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Anchorage7
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Driver Side Inflator Module3
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Warning Light/Devices3
- NHTSA: Air Bags: On-Off Switch Assembly2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Retractor2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Rear2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front1
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Webbing1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.