- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 11 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 18 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 37 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 40 days ago
- July 7: Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 49 days ago
Srs Light Is On
2000 Honda Accord (Page 2 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 90,646 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 64 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (39 reports)
- repair at own cost (9 reports)
- seat belt switch replaced under lifetime warranty. (5 reports)
- technical bulletin 02034 (update 06-009) (3 reports)
- allow dealer to read code detail (2 reports)
- (1 reports)
seat belts / air bags problem