- November 28: Honda Accord Side Curtain Airbag Lawsuit Granted Final Approval
- November 24: Did Honda Intentionally Conceal 1,729 Injuries and Deaths?
- November 19: Hien Tran's Death Caused By Exploding Honda Accord Air Bag
- November 15: Honda and Takata Sued Over Exploding Air Bags
- November 14: Takata Exploding Air Bags Target of U.S. Criminal Investigation
2000 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 114,039 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 98 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (51 reports)
- replace transmission (30 reports)
- replaced transmission with rebuilt (13 reports)
- swap out the automatic transmission with manual (2 reports)
- have good independent transmission shop fix problem (1 reports)
- replaced torque converter,selenoid & rebuilt transmission (1 reports)