- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 17 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 24 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 58 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 60 days ago
2000 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 5)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 115,479 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 100 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (52 reports)
- replace transmission (31 reports)
- replaced transmission with rebuilt (13 reports)
- swap out the automatic transmission with manual (2 reports)
- have good independent transmission shop fix problem (1 reports)
- replaced torque converter,selenoid & rebuilt transmission (1 reports)