- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 5 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 8 days ago
- July 7: Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 17 days ago
- July 2: Acura HandsFreeLink Problems Cause Battery Drain Lawsuit news | 22 days ago
- July 1: NHTSA Has Urgent Message For Honda and Acura Owners news | 23 days ago
2000 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 116,019 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 101 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (52 reports)
- replace transmission (31 reports)
- replaced transmission with rebuilt (14 reports)
- swap out the automatic transmission with manual (2 reports)
- have good independent transmission shop fix problem (1 reports)
- replaced torque converter,selenoid & rebuilt transmission (1 reports)