CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.

4.0

2002 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Accord:

2002 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Oct 012010

Accord EX v6

All right, I just wanted to speak my mind. I have replaced the following on my accord 02: caliper 2x, engine mounts, rear oil seal. probably less than $1000.

I am freaked out that the 02 accord has known transmission issues and that HONDA has not stepped up to the plate. While my trans is ok now, I have 166k on the clock and I'm nervous about the trans going out.

I want to complain so that the more people step up and say something and I truly feel honda should compensate those that lost out.

- , Royal Oak, MI, USA