Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2002 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.

2002 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Accord:

2002 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 022015

Accord LX 2.3L

Usually people complain that when their car lights or a/c is on that the car wants to die but that is the opposite in my situation. I always have to either have my air or lights on or my car will die when i make a stop. Having one of those on keeps my rpms up just enough not to die. So day or night i have my lights on. It is the strangest thing. I have a new alternator and battery, still stuggles without the electrical power of my lights or ac. I hate this car btw. Everything has issues, i dont let anyone else drive it other than myself. I will not ever get a honda again.

- , Fayetteville, AR, USA