- October 24: Takata Exploding Air Bags Allegedly Linked to 4 Deaths
- October 24: Takata Air Bag Lawsuit On The Way Over Exploding Inflators
- September 27: Honda Agrees to Settle CR-V Door Lock Actuator Lawsuit
- September 21: Honda Fit Recalled After Wrong A-Pillar Cover Was Installed
- August 22: Honda Upgrades 2015 Honda Fit Front Bumpers To Pass Crash Test
Cd Player Stopped Working
2003 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 68,662 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 29 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (10 reports)
- problem not fixed (9 reports)
- dealer replaced CD player under warranty (6 reports)
- not covered.......but the backlight display was! (2 reports)
- aftermarket, overpriced trunk cd changer (1 reports)
- auto manufacturer goodwill repair (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem