CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

6.5

2. Honda issued a recall - covered 100% for 7 years/100k miles (28 reports)
  3. replace the entire CD player radio (13 reports)
  4. call American Honda (1-800-999-1009), ask for goodwill repair (4 reports)
  5. call local honda dealer and mention service bulletin 04-027 (4 reports)
  6. radio removed, LCD replaced, radio re-installed (3 reports)
2003 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Aug 262006

Accord LX

I bought the Accord for my daughter while she was attending LSU. The back light went out in the stereo at 50,000 miles. The Honda dealer told us that we should bring it back to the dealer we bought from. He said some dealers are replacing the radios for nothing in order to maintain a reputation. Mine was not that gracious.

- , Longville, LA, USA

Aug 292006

Accord EX

Have not had the car long. Bought it used. Could have gone any route, new or used. But decided to go with this one because of Honda's reputation and could get a loaded car. Was I wrong in doing this? If I cannot get this fixed, I will stick with Toyota the rest of my life.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Aug 242006

Accord

This is not what expect from a HONDA ACCORD... We never a stupid but severe problem with ACCORDS till now... There should be some kind of recall for this matter.. My back light blew out after 29k THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!!!

- , San Francisco, CA, USA

Jun 242006

Accord EX

Same thing happened with me too. Wish I had alot of money and purchased the 6 at 100K warranty.

- , Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

Jul 102006

Accord EX

Shockingly the entire stereo systems must be replaced. I have been a loyal Honda customer. I hope this is a one-time event..

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Mar 082006

Accord LX

I was a dedicated Honda buyer but after I purchased a 2003 Accord, I've changed my mind totally. The radio dashboard light blew at 49K miles. We can't see anything on the dashboard except for the odometer readings. It's especially annoying at nights. The dealer informed me that my car has exceeded the 3 year/ 36K mile warranty and it will cost me over $1000 plus to replace. They can't replace the bulb, they have to replace the entire radio - What a rip-off

- , Randolph, MA, USA