CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

7.4

$1,800.00

1. Honda should fix it (34 reports)
  2. needs repainted (23 reports)
2003 Honda Accord body / paint problems

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Dec 312010

Accord EX

i have always owned a honda and have been very happy. until now, i have a 2003 honda accord, love the car. never any problems with it. but now in the last year the clear coat has started to come off of the front fender, trunk and roof. it looks like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did call honda corp. but they told me there was nothing that they could do. i also called where i got the car and they told me to call HONDA CORP. well back to square one. i really don't think that i would every buy another honda again. car is like new, i have keep up with it and people can't believe the age of the car. i loved it but don't anymore. i am embarresed to drive around in it. any suggestions?

- , Flagtown, NJ, USA

Oct 012009

Accord V4

It is amazing in this day and age you cannot send email to the higher-ups in the Honda corporate chain. I really enjoyed this car until this problem started.

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Jun 012005

Accord LX 4 cyl

Clearcoat on my 2003 Honda Accord (purch 06/2003) began failing about 2 years after purchase. Dealer repainted the roof only and zone would not approve other areas showing problems. Paint is completely failing now and looks like hell. It should be green but has large areas of white where the problem shows. My 1998 Dakota has better paint than this car.

- , Ambler, PA, USA

Jun 012007

Accord EX 3.0L V6 Sohc (Mfi)

On the hood and the top of the car the clear coat is wearing off rather fast in my opinion for a car that is only 6 years old. 3 of those years the car was parked underground in a apartment parking lot.

- , Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 152007

Accord LX

My green 4 year old Honda Accord started having issues with the clear coat on the roof of the car. It started with a small spot and eventually spread to the entire rear part of the roof. The dealer where I purchased the car readily agreed to paint the roof. One year later (the car is now 5 years old), the same problem is occurring on my trunk and hood. I have been in contact with the dealer and Honda Customer Service. Honda has offered me $250 towards the price of $1,000 to have the trunk and hood repainted and they act as if they are doing me a favor by offering this money to me. I have been told by collision experts that when the problem first arose, Honda should have repainted all flat surfaces of the car. I don't feel I should have to pay or incur such an expense to paint a car that is only 5 years old. I will also have to rent a car while it is being fixed. I have searched on the internet and found that other individuals with green Honda Accords have had the same problem (1997 Honda reported problem in 2002). I will never buy another Honda and will not recommend a Honda to anyone. Besides this issue, I have had other querky problems that has made me question the reliability of Honda cars.

- , Coatesville, PA, USA