- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 4 days ago
- May 18: Honda CR-V and Acura RDX Recalled For Invisible Ink recalls | 4 days ago
- May 17: Lawsuit Says 2015-2017 Honda CR-V SUVs Have Fuel Odor Problems news | 5 days ago
- May 3: Honda and Takata Sued Over Malaysian Death Caused by Airbag news | 19 days ago
- April 19: Woman Punctured in the Throat by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 33 days ago
Brakes Pulsate And Wear Out Prematurely
2003 Honda Accord (Page 3 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 39,526 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 47 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (11 reports)
- replaced all rotors and brake pads (7 reports)
- replace Honda with any other car! (6 reports)
- replace front brakes (5 reports)
- dealer resurfaced the rotors (4 reports)
- replace brake pads with aftermarket replacements (4 reports)