CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

8.0

$1,499.00

1. tcs repaired by customer. warranty expired (1 reports)
2003 Honda Accord drivetrain problems

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 172010

Accord EX 3.06

Within a few weeks of driving off the Blount Honda lot, the TCS icon on my dash lit up. I looked up the definition in my booklet and was concerned. I called the dealership and they said to bring the vehicle in. The icon light went off en route. I was told that the service department couldn't diagnose the problem when the light wasn't lit. So, I brought my vehicle by several more times--always, the light went off prior. One time a mechanic and I drove around a while in hopes the icon would go on. It didn't. Long story short, when I finally had had enough and demanded Blount Honda look into the issue whether the light was on or not...guess what...warranty had expired. I was FURIOUS. Brought my vehicle to Pep Boys as I have a good relationship with them. THEY were able to diagnose the problem even though the icon wasn't illuminated. As the warranty with Blount Honda had expired, I gave the business to Pep Boys. My out of pocket cost for something that SHOULD have been repaired while under warranty: $1,499.37.

- , Eustis, Florida, USA