CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

1. replaced alternator and battery (2 reports)
2003 Honda Accord electrical problems

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Feb 282015

Accord LX 2.4L V-Tec 4

Appalled that alternator went bad at 112,000 miles , REALLY!! Have had over 10 cars never had to replace alternator. Honda sucks!

- , Boca Raton, Fl, USA

Aug 192010

Accord EX V6

I went to work yesterday and when I went to pick my car up, the car would not turn over. When I turned the key, all i got was a series of clicks. I had a tow truck try to jump the car, but it still wouldn't turn over, even after banging on the starter. I had the car towed to a mechanic, who after charging me 28.00 for a diagnostic check, told me my ale

- , San Francisco, CA, USA