Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

1. replace/rebuild transmission (343 reports)
  3. Honda to pay cost as this transmission was a previous recall (45 reports)
  4. Honda assisted with replacement cost (25 reports)
  5. class action lawsuit (5 reports)
  6. transmission exchange (4 reports)
2003 Honda Accord transmission problems

transmission problem

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 18 of 25)

Feb 092009

Accord EX V6

There was a recall on this model and Honda said they serviced said vehicle but exactly what the recall was for : it happened

- , Lindenhurst, NY, USA

Apr 032009

Accord EX V6

Very similar to the other posts, my Accord slipped out of gear while driving Friday night. It went back in pretty quickly, and was working intermittently all weekend. The following Wednesday, it gave out completely, and I got it towed to the dealership.

The dealership said that the transmission was shot and needed to be replaced. I was very fortunate that it was covered under the Honda Certified Used warranty for the Powertrain. Marilyn, my service rep at Capital Honda (Lansing, MI) said that it would have an attached 36 month 36,000 mile warranty on the new one, and should be ready in a day or two. I hope that is correct.

From everything I've read on this site, I think I'll be selling the car before the warranty goes.

- , Okemos, MI, USA

Mar 062009

Accord EX V6

So has anyone ever received the so called "good will repair" for replacement of my transmission. I'm living overseas working for the US government. I bought my Accord in the US and had it shipped. Based upon rumors of the "good will repair", I called Honda Customer Service on 6 March. It sounded like if I were still in the US or on active duty military overseas, they might be able to help, but since I'm not, no dice. So, I wrote a letter detailing the problem. Last week, I received a letter from Ron Rubinoff, a regional case manager asking me to call him. I tried several times, leaving a message each time. He never called back. Finally, when I got his answering machine, I punched "zero" and got a person. She managed to track him down. Apparently, Honda doesn't want anything in writing as they won't deny a claim in a letter or via email - they want to tell you on the phone. All he had to say was due to the year and mileage of my vehicle, Honda couldn't do anything. Well, I could have saved about $ 25.00 in international calls had they just mailed that information.

Honda knows very well that there is a black mark on this car. It can cause a severe safety problem. I was lucky, my transmission failed during rush hour. So, at least I was able to slowly drive it home (it wouldn't shift out of 2nd). I had just exited a freeway - I could have been in an accident if the transmission had failed then.

In my letter to Honda, I noted that I would be buying another car upon return to the US this summer in hopes that if they didn't pay for my repair, they might at least offer me a coupon on a new car. Based upon this problem and Honda's lack of acknowledgment of responsibility, this is my first and last Honda.

- , Crownsville, MD, USA

Mar 272009

Accord EX V6

I was driving down a very busy interstate during Friday afternoon rush hour when the engine began revving and the car slowed to 20mph. Nearly got rear ended, side swiped and just missed getting crushed by a semi trying to cross 2 lanes of traffic while "coasting". Got off to the side of the road and turned the car off. Cried a little, I was SCARED! Called my husband who stayed on the phone while I restarted car and much to my relief, made it home with no further incidents. Husband went to dealership and told them about the problem. They recommended a drain and fill but wanted way too much money so he bought the fluid from them and did the drain and fill at home the next day. Test drove alright, slipping a little but nothing like what happened to me that Friday. He drove the car a few days with no issues other than slippage so he called dealer and made an appointment for the following day, Tuesday.

I drove the car to take our son to school that Tuesday morning before the appointment. While traveling about 45mph down a very busy 2 lane "country" road the car jerked hard a couple of times then came to a dead stop. We ended up sideways in the road with cars running off the road around us to keep from hitting us. WE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED. Had the car towed home and called a trusted mechanic who informed us about the recall and the "overall sh@!y tranny Honda put in those year models". Only took one google search to turn up what I'm guessing is thousands of complaints just like ours. Honda Customer Service stated the recall had been completed May 9, 2005. They only cover a recall once ya know. Couldn't tell me where or what was done to the car at that time. Advised me that it wasn't a recall on the transmission but on the "oil cooler jet" and they were usually just checked to make sure they functioned properly. What a complete load of crap! I found the actual recall on NHTSA and read a few of the 194 some odd complaints and decided to call back and request a goodwill repair. Boy, the agent didn't like it when I answered her "what do you want American Honda to do about it" question with "I'm requesting a goodwill repair." She immediately YELLED " A GOODWILL REPAIR, WHAT'S THAT? DID YOU READ THAT OFF SOME BLOG? WHERE DID YOU HEAR THAT TERM? IT'S NOT LAYMANS TERMS SO WHO TOLD YOU TO ASK FOR THAT?" Apparently folks, we are all stupid. She then began grilling me about maintenance records and the mechanics that had serviced my car. Apparently folks, if you ain't a Honda tech you don't know what the hell you are doing.

I wasn't told when I bought my car that it could only be serviced at a Honda dealership.

I'm waiting for the regional case manager to call me back. Meanwhile the car is sitting at the dealership needing a new transmission. We have a 1995 Chevy pickup with 205k miles and we have NEVER had a major issue. Bought a Honda for the "dependability" and nearly got killed. I hope they see things my way and fix their screw up or there's gonna be one more Honda at a wholesale auction. I'll do my part to drive down resale value.

- , Waxhaw, NC, USA

Mar 102009

Accord EX 3.0L V6

I spent a month researching when I bought my Honda (used) 18 months ago. Everyone told me that "Honda's last forever". I had no problems with it (as far as I was concerned) until last month. I did have to replace the brakes on it ($800+), but thought...."brakes wear out, seems reasonable". But, on March 8th - the same thing started happening to me as what all of you are reporting. Slipping transmission, no forward power, let it sit for a few minutes it'll take off again, but then suddenly lose power again. At first it was very, very slight - so I scheduled a service with my regular shop. Before my appointment, the transmission completely failed.

My regular shop told me I needed to replace the transmission (would be re manufactured), at a price of $4,000. I said I'm going to have to shop around at that price. Finally, I took it to a good friends shop (that I also trusted). He was aware that there was an issue with a "shifter module". He said bring it over and we'll see if that's what it is. Nope, it needed the transmission replaced - he said third gear was completely gone. Now we're having a hard time even finding a transmission to even replace it with. He said he might just have to rebuild it. I asked "what will that cost me". He said he wasn't even sure about that because it seems many of the parts have to come from the dealership (higher priced).

So right now I'm just stuck with a car payment and no car. I am going to try this route with both calling Honda and making them be responsible, as well as the attorney's phone number that is given below (please look for both numbers in the posts further down the page). Like everyone here says - maybe if enough of us complain we can get something done about this. I am appalled - this is my first Honda - I bought off their reputation and word of mouth "Honda's are so reliable and last forever", but so far that has not been my experience.

- , Shawnee, KS, USA

Apr 022009

Accord EX-L 3.0L V6

Well the transmission went out on me the other day on the way home from work. I had 78,500 miles on my 2003 Honda Accord EXL-V6 at the time of the breakdown. This actually occurred the day before I was to trade this vehicle in for a 2009 Honda Odyssey Touring edition minivan.

I had the vehicle towed to the local Honda dealer in my town and they advised me that the transmission had a internal failure and needed to be replaced. I was told that the repair would cost $ 3,800 to fix. I knew that this transmission had recall work done on it in 2004 and I also had the same transmission recall work done on my 2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type S. With my Acura they extended the warranty on that transmissions to 7 years and 9 months with 109,000 miles. I did not know if the Honda also had the same warranty extension so I called Honda Good Will repair and was advised that they did not have this extended warranty in place as Acura did, even though they are the same company and the transmissions had the same issues.

So I asked the shop manager if he had seen any problems with the 2003 Honda Accord transmissions before and he told me that he has never seen any of these problems before and has not heard anything about them either. This was an obvious lie. Come to find out I have a friend that works at another Honda dealer in the area and he told me that the 2003 Accords have horrible transmission problems. He advised me that Honda had problems with the transmissions when they were built here in the US. Now he told me that the transmissions are once again made in Japan and then shipped here to be assembled. This took care of the problem. This friend told me that he sees Accords come into the shop all the time for transmission problems and that many are on there 2nd or 3rd transmission by the time they get 100,000 miles.

So now I'm faced with a dilemma; do I fix the transmission or just trade it in as is. As is with the broken transmission they want to give me $ 3,000. I'm upset because I know they will put in a transmission for no cost and then turn around and sell this car for at least $ 9,000. I think Honda should recall these transmissions because there is obviously a problem with them. I was told that since it is not a safety hazard it would not be recalled. This is not acceptable. I am so upset at Honda right now I am thinking about purchasing another brand vehicle instead of the Odyssey that I ordered. There has to be a recall on these transmissions soon.

For now I'm waiting for a call back from Good Will repair to see if they will assist me with the repair. I have a feeling that they are not going to do anything as the first person that I spoke with told me that Honda will not be able to assist me as I was out of my warranty period. And I said " No sh*t.... If I was still under warranty I would not be calling you ." They obviously try to cut corners and hire less than average employees as well. Good luck and please do not buy a 2003 Honda Accord.

- , Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Oct 012007

Accord EX V6

My Accord was just over 5 years old with only 30,000 miles. The transmission failed, like so many others. Even though I was only out of warranty by two months, they did not offer any assistance. I took it to an independent shop, and had it repaired. The next day, I went and bought a Ford Fusion, given what I had read on here and in Consumer Reports. I've only done oil changes, at $35 each time. They haven't tried to sell me $250 "maintenance packages." It's been completely trouble free and costs very little to maintain. I never thought I'd go back to a domestic car, but I really could not be happier.

- , London, ON, Canada

Apr 012009

Accord EX V6

Started about 2 weeks ago, transmission started slipping at around 20-25 miles per hour. Engine would rev, but no power. Once I would back off gas pedal, tranny would kick in and I would be off and going again. Decided to stay in right lane while driving so I could get off the road if necessary until I could get car in.

Took car to my local, trustworthy mechanic- LEVON AT ARK AUTOMOTIVE-here in San Marcos, who advised me that Honda knows their transmissions from the early 2000 model years suck and that I should go to my local dealer. Well, on April 1st, I was at Cush Honda in Escondido, bright and early and after keeping my car ALL DAY, I was told they could do nothing to fix it, it's an "internal failure" and replacement of the tranny is the only option. Oh ya, by the way, it will be about 4 grand!

Service adviser was great, very sympathetic to me. Flat out told me that Honda knows there is a problem with these transmissions but because there hasn't been a "safety issue" there will be no recall and thus, for those of us out of warranty, there will be no assistance in paying for new transmission. He advised me to call American Honda to see if they would at least cover a portion of replacement.

Today, called American Honda. Rep on phone nearly laughed when I told her my story and asked for assistance paying for repair. Said that 113 thousand miles is good reliability and I should be happy. She told me Honda never claims high mileage reliability and that the consumer/Honda owners are the ones saying that Honda vehicles will last a long time. She "regrets to inform me that American Honda can offer no assistance at this time."

Anyway, my mechanic at ARK says it should be worth it for me to go ahead and replace tranny rather than take the plunge and buy a new car. For me, though, it's hard to invest another 4 grand into a car that is 6 years old and has over 100K miles. UGGGGGH-I'm soooo ticked off!

- , San Marcos, CA, USA

Apr 032009

Accord EX 3.0L V6 Sohc (Mfi)

No one has been under the hood of my Honda except the mechanics at the Honda Dealership. I have had my Honda transmission serviced 2 times @ 30,000 miles & 70,000 and now with only 104,000 miles my transmission completely goes out on me. I have complained to the Honda Dealership in the past about my car lacking speed/power and they simply told me they were unable to duplicate the problem & there were no error codes found. I feel that I have done all the expected service to my car and that this failure should not fall on me seeing as I have done everything in my control to maintain the life of my transmission and car. I will be calling the (800) number for Honda Customer Service first thing Monday morning to complain & I pray that they will help me resolve this problem.

Well I filed a case with American Honda Customer Care (800) 999-1009 on Monday 4/06 and today 4/09 I received their offer to cover 70% of the cost ($4000) with me ending up spending $1200. I will be receiving a remanufactured Transmission with a 3yr/36K Warranty which is something that I'm really interested in since I'm still paying on the car and I sure don't want to get stuck in the situation a year or 2 from now. I'm not as happy as I would like to be but I'm glad that they fit the bill for something. But now that they are admitting some of the blame there should be something more that can be done. I added my name to the Class Action List with the Lawyer from New York that another member listed.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that this solves my Transmission problem.

- , Long Beach, CA, USA

Mar 262009

Accord EX V6

I had the car go from 60 to 20 mph on the interstate. AAA towed me to one of their service centers and told me it was the brakes. So after paying $877.06, I go 30 miles onto the NJ Turnpike where it happened again. AAA customer service would only tow me 3 miles, not back to the service center. The mechanic drove it and said there was no problem. I told him it only happened above 60 mph. He went on the Garden State Parkway and he was not happy when he called.

This problem is not about quality or cost, both of which are ridiculous. This is a safety issue. Any car that locks up at this speed is UNSAFE. I wonder what Honda would have paid if I was rear-ended by a semi. Sorry to rant, but I am calling Honda, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and my congressman tomorrow. I suggest you all do the same.

- , Hoboken, NJ, USA

Mar 032009

Accord EX V6

My car would not go more than 20 mph and the engine was revving, making an awful noise and jumping forward once it would go into 3rd gear. I called the dealer immediately and was told to bring the car in. I called Honda North America (1-800-999-1009) immediately and filed a claim after reading an abundance of complaints about the same model year as my vehicle on this site. Unfortunately, the Honda employee assigned to my case was rude and not compassionate to say the least and automatically told me, “Honda cannot cover the cost of your transmission because your car is over warranty.” If they tell you this do not except it as the final offer.

After filing the claim with Honda North America I left work to take my car into the dealer and again the car would not go past 20 mph except this time I was driving in an intersection when the car COMPLETELY STOPPED WOULD NOT SHIFT GEARS AND I WAS LEFT IN THE INTERSECTION WITH PEOPLE HONKING AND SWERVING TO GET OUT OF THE WAY OF MY CAR. The transmission had failed and I got the call the next day from the dealer. Come to find out the policy is that new transmissions aren’t built and put in but only remanufactured. Luckily for me I have been a loyal customer and always taken my car to the same dealer and It was decided through the regional manager (I believe my dealer had a big part in this as well and I am very thankful for my service adviser) that Honda would pick up all costs except for $300.00 that I would be responsible for. I was also given a 3yr / 36,000 mile warranty on the transmission.

On Wednesday, March 25 the transmission is giving me problems again and I am taking my car back to the dealer to have it looked at AGAIN. The light is flashing while in drive and is showing signs of slipping. I found out today, Thursday March 26 that the transmission needed a new 3rd Gear Pressure Switch because the one that was in the remanufactured transmission is defective. The remanufactured transmission has only been in my car for a few weeks.

I am in utter disbelief that a car company that prides itself on quality and reliability isn't owning up to placing faulty transmissions in their cars. This is indeed a saftey hazard and these transmissions need to be a safety recall!!!

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Feb 032009

Accord EX V6

Large prominent Honda dealer sold the car as not having a warranty. I asked about one, but dealer stated "It's a Honda, you don't need one." Having had several Honda's in the past I hesitated and then agreed. Only 3 days after I had the car I was on the interstate and the car made a loud noise and then came to almost a complete stop. Without my seat belt on I would have gone straight through the windshield. I was able to get the car back up to approx 30 mph and drove to the next exit - where thankfully - there was a Honda dealership. They took a look at it the next day and stated the transmission had totally failed and it would have to be completely replaced at a cost of over $3,300.

Being out of state, I called the dealership I purchased it from and they stated as I had not purchased a warranty that it was not their issue and that I would have to pay for the repair. I finally spoke to the GM of the dealership and he stated he would replace it for cost $2,600, throwing out the labor charges. I still ended up having to pay $100 for a night in a hotel and I had to get a U-haul truck and trailer the next day (costing an additional $300) so I could tow the vehicle back to the dealership in Richmond.

Watch out on this model year, if the transmission is original, make sure you have a warranty!

- , Richmond, VA, USA

Mar 252009

Accord EX V6

Ive been on phone with Honda cust. serv. all day. transmission failed. they are going to try fill and drain 3 times and see if helps and check for metal. ive found so many people with similar issues and complaints about same thing. reason i think we all go with Honda and pay little extra is quality. If they don't stand behind this ill never buy another Honda again or take my car to the dealership who has been up to now only people to work on my car. i also filed a complaint with the nhtsa. and filed complaint with honda and had my case refereed to a regional person and im asking for compensation or do partial pay of maybe 200 to get a warranty on part. dont really want a used tranny but don't have much choice

- , Weirton, WV, USA

Mar 242009

Accord EX V6

I had a check engine light come on, which the code was revealed to be a P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off. I called the local Honda Dealership. The service rep was reportedly not aware of any transmission problems with the 2003 Accord, but knew immediately that the code signified transmission replacement. She went on to say the re-manufactured transmission would cost approximately $3,300 to $3,500 to replace and would be warranted for 36,000 miles. She also said that Honda America had limited any financial help on this issue beyond 5 years or 75,000 miles. She was surprisingly well-versed on this issue with respect to her original representation that this model year had not been problematic. In fairness to her, she may just know that a P0741 code spells doom for transmissions in general???

I am going to attempt to contact Honda America to see if there is any relief given what appears to be a fairly pervasive problem. Meanwhile, I have not scheduled the replacement yet, seeking a better answer and the end to this cold sweat of disbelief...

- , Paradise, CA, USA

Mar 222009

Accord EX 3.0L V6

Ok, not going to beat a dead horse. As everyone else posted, the transmissions slips out and then won't go back into gear. Contacted Airport Honda, Alcoa TN and they said I had to get a new transmission, and when they say new they mean a re-manufactured one (used) for $3200 plus tax. It will take AT LEAST 2 weeks to get one. One of the other posters/complainers mentioned that they had to open a plant just to redo these transmissions.

One person mentioned calling a lawyer in New York. Her number (212)566-4356 and please report this problem! As more people join the movement, the more likely Honda will have to just fix this.

Also, on top of getting your name on the list with the lawyer, let the government know about this known safety hazard! My wife was stuck in a 3 lane road, stranded....this is an issue that needs to be addressed! Please take the 6-10mins to fill out a complaint at:

- , Kodak, TN, USA

Mar 192009

Accord V6

I can't believe my 2003 Honda Accord, V6, has transmission failure! I have just under 109000 miles on my car.....I totally did not expect a problem like this....this soon! Also, I'm surprised to see that I'm not the only person having this problem!

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed my car slipping out of foot was on the gas pedal, but there was no acceleration, and the engine is revving. It happened a couple of times over a 2 week period, but then today it happened about 30 times over a five mile stretch. I was driving on the side of the road, with my hazards on, letting go of the gas pedal and stepping back on to the gas pedal trying to get it to shift into any gear for power. So after about 30 times and finally getting to my destination.....I was then thinking....Now how am I going to get home???

I took my car into the Honda dealer today, where I have all my car maintenance done, religiously I might add, and the service guy at the dealer said 'HE'S NEVER HEARD OF ANY TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS FOR THE 2003, V6, HONDA ACCORD.' Because of the fact that I've taken my car into the dealer for everything else in the past....and have developed a 'certain' level of trust over the years seeing the same people all the time.....AND then having this problem with my car now, AND finding this website with the same type of transmission complaints before I went into the dealer to talk with this guy.....I can honestly say....I feel that this guy was hosing me!....if you know what I mean?!?!

To explain further, I called that American Honda number, explained my problem, got a case number. They then told me they would call my dealer for me and "brief" them of my situation. So, by the time I got my car into the dealership service center, it seemed that they all knew I was coming, they had their story to tell me before they looked at my car, once they did look at my car, they confirmed it was transmission failure, they gave me prices etc. I pointed out to the service guy that I found many complaints regarding my car's make and model having transmission failure problems, I mentioned the goodwill, out-of-warranty compensation.....I mentioned why isn't this a recall??? .....I mentioned why isn't this a class-action lawsuit???.....and I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

The service guy told me he was "briefed" of my situation....which leaves me feeling like....they had plenty of time to get their story together.

Why isn't this a class-action suit yet??? The preceding models have class action lawsuits for their transmission problems.....and I believe we are having similar if not the same types of transmission problems. Seriously, why isn't this a recall???

The service guy today told me 'he sees people come in all the time with transmission problems....of preceding years models....but that doesn't include the 2003 model' ....I don't seems to be about that time.....I think they'll start to pour just takes time for everyone else to catch up in mileage.....

- , Escondido, CA, USA

Feb 162009

Accord EX V6

I initially found this site when I was quoted a 4000 for parts and labor to replace the transmission. It was shocking to see how many people have had the exact same experience that I am having. Honda customer service was for the most part attempting to be helpful. Albert Chin was handling my case and to make a long story short it took almost a month to get a final offer from corporate. He often times would not call back when he said he would. Also he wanted copies of all records any work done on the transmission. Since I was the second owner I could not provide that. He said that I had to prove that I have maintained the transmission. During my attempt to find all documents regarding the transmission, I found out the transmission had been replaced in 2004 because it failed after only one year. Therefore in the 6 year life of this car it has had 2 transmissions fail. WTF According to corporate this car is "technically not considered a lemon, but it sure is sour. This whole situation is very disappointing because I had a 1990 accord before this car and the original transmission failed just last year.

Since I lacked documentation and I guess I have not bought enough Honda cars to be considered a loyal customer (I have owned 3 hondas) the best they would offer was 10% off the total cost. My husband was really irked with the offer and expressed that to our case worker, at which point the case worker said he was advised to rescind the offer if we were not happy with it (really great customer service). Luckily (I guess) the general manager of downtown L.A. Honda was kind enough to offer to do the job for 2500ish. So a month after we initially took the car in to the dealer for repair we are finally getting the car back today (theoretically)

Honda just isn't the company they once were and I will not be buying another car from them again.

- , Los Angeles, CA, USA

Dec 052007

Accord LX 3.0L V6

The transmission failed in this car, which has been well maintained and never abused. It was in to the dealer for a recall to have some modification done during my warranty period, and the required maintenance was performed on this vehicle. Honda was not helpful at all, they wanted me to pay up front to have the dealer replace the transmission at a cost of $3,500 plus applicable taxes with no guarantee that they would assist in any way with the cost. I refused to put in another Honda transmission that was same as the one that had just failed prematurely; one which had a 20k warranty only. So, I bought a used transmission at a wrecker, one that had been rebuilt by a transmission shop and had 30k on it. It is still working fine and I now have 165,000 on the car.

I feel that I was not treated fairly by Honda and I would not recommend that anyone buy from Honda since when you have a problem they were not very easy to deal with. This transmission expired only 10k after the warranty was over, as a tradesman who builds and races cars, I know a great deal about transmissions and I am confident that this failure was a result of a long term build up of wear material that finally plugged up the fluid passage in the transmission causing complete failure of the unit. Honda never even offered to look at the old transmission which I still have at home.

The other issue I have had with this vehicle was with the brakes. They have been replaced multiple times, three times up front both pads and rotors, four times in rear.

- , Ripley, ON, Canada

Aug 202008

Accord LX V6

Sorry for a long message and for possible errors, English is not my native language.

I have a 2003 Honda Accord LX V6 automatic. Bought it 5 years ago by spending all the money I had earned during grad school years, thought it should be a reliable car…

My story started by me taking my car to Midas for 90K maintenance where the guys told me the car is in "perfect shape", only the front tires need to be replaced soon. Two weeks after that, the car transmission broke down – the same symptoms as described here: the car would not shift from 2nd gear up, the transmission fluid was burned. I brought it to Midas, Midas took it to a local Honda dealership, where it is right now. I was quoted $3400 to fix the problem.

I looked up the problem on the Internet, found this forum and other websites and called American Honda and asked for a Goodwill Repair. Talked to a guy called Ray I think Hasini was his last name, or something like that. He has asked me to collect all the original invoices and receipts for all of my maintenance for the past 5 years. Believe it or not, I have done so, for all but a couple of maintenance's and faxed it over to him!

Long story short, he at first offered to cover 50% of the transmission parts (not labor). Then he called me and said that he had called a mechanic (Mike) at the Honda dealership and had changed his mind and nothing will be covered. When I asked him what had changed and why he changed his mind, he said the car was at $96K mileage and the warranty has expired. When I tried to explain to him that he had known (and even had told me) about all this already - before asking to fax additional papers and that he had already made his 50% offer knowing this – he just said he made his final decision and would not change his mind. Interestingly, I called Mike after that and Mike told me he has not heard from American Honda in a while, so either Mike or Ray were not telling me the truth – you have to love Honda people.

I tried then to talk to Ray's manager, "Alfred Chen". This guy was constantly pushing me and twisting and bending my words, trying to find all the reasons not to offer a good will repair. For instance, he was saying I should have repaired some problems the dealership has discovered and I had to explain to him, time and time again, that, Midas told me that the "car was in perfect shape" just two weeks before the problem and that I could not fix anything since nothing has been found. But he just would keep on twisting and bending this for quite a while.

I was at lunch when Alfred called me and did not have the paperwork or a Honda Manual on me, unlike him. He used it by lying to me that according to the Manual I was supposed to do a transmission fluid change at 30K and have not done so till my 90K maintenance. That was a lie. Firstly, the Manual says the first change should be done at 60K and not 30K. Secondly, I have done it at 60K, ironically at a Honda dealership! Honda rejected a goodwill repair.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Mar 132009

Accord EX V6

53K miles, car was in the perfect shape and well-maintained. Total transmission failure... enough said.

- , Kennesaw, GA, USA