- July 1: NHTSA Has Urgent Message For Honda and Acura Owners news | 1 days ago
- June 27: Exploding Takata Airbag Involved in Death of Malaysian Woman news | 5 days ago
- June 10: U.S. Virgin Islands Sues Honda and Takata news | 22 days ago
- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 50 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 55 days ago
Window Motor Malfunction
2003 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000. Transmission failure has been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accord as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
The stereo backlight problem has been an issue since these Accords were only a few years old. Honda eventually issued a recall which covered the repair for 7 years/100k miles, which was nice while it lasted but now that period is over. Honda initially was replacing the entire radio ($800) but eventually began replacing just the PCB which at ~$300 is much cheaper. That sounds like a deal, but keep in mind we're talking about a backlight bulb that costs $2 to fix in most other cars.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,330 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (8 reports)
- this problems needs to be added to honda's recall list! (6 reports)
- replace the window motor (4 reports)
- replace the wiper motor (2 reports)
- roll down passenger window to release the vacuum (1 reports)
windows / windshield problem