CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2003 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure & problems with the stereo backlight failing. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.

7.4

2. replace the window motor (4 reports)
  3. roll down passenger window to release the vacuum (1 reports)
2003 Honda Accord windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

2003 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Dec 242013

Accord EX V6

Drivers side door has problem with the electric window. Sometimes window rolls down sometimes not. Dealership can find nothing wrong.

- , Ponca City, OK, USA

Oct 012012

Accord LX V4

The passenger door motor is failing and the window's seal on the door is coming off. This is fairly significant since the A/C doesn't work!

- , Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Apr 042013

Accord EX V6

This is the second time that a window motor has failed me on this car. This car is such a lemon!

- , San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 022012

Accord EX V6

My window motor went down and did not go back up. The dealer quoted me $400.00 and I found someone nearby to do it for around $300.00. Unfortunatley, a year later, the motor has gone back out.

- , San Francisco, CA, USA

Nov 172011

Accord EX 2.4L

Passenger side window motored down just fine...but WILL NOT COME BACK UP without grabbing the edge of the glass and 'helping' it. I dropped the window to get the attention of the driver that pulled out ahead of me at the gas station and tell him that his gas cap cover was hanging open. Since it was freezing outside and raining, it was the biggest pain you can imagine to suddenly realize that pulling back 'up' on the window switch was having no effect. The window was NOT going to go back up. Honda window motor apparently has become too weak over time, or something in their window design is subject to getting too difficult for the motor to overcome. Once home, freezing, with a wet interior, I put on gloves and a better rain coat and went back outside to get the key on, hold the button up, while simultaneously trying to grab, pry, and pull the edge of the glass barely reachable in the door. After several fractions of an inch budges, I was finally able to grasp enough glass and pull hard enough that I could 'help' the motor get the window up and closed. Honda will not fix this, they say it is not a recall issue and the warranty expired for this kind of 'routine mechanical failure' long ago, and the dealer wants waaaaay too much to 'diagnose and repair' than I have available to spend on it. In fact, the 'diagnose' process will apparently cost more than my trip to the local junkyard for a used one once the weather warms up. Till then, I just have to remember NOT to allow anyone to use it.

New ones are now fairly cheap as well, so I may just shop here : http://www.nextag.com/2003-honda-accord-passenger-window-motor/shop-html And pick one up as a garage-project that way.

- , Marion, IL, USA

Dec 072009

Accord EX V4

The window is not working in my 2003 Accord. i hate this, such a pain. why oh why??????????????

- , Gardner, MA, USA

Mar 092008

Accord LX 3.2L

I purchased this car in 2003 from Rick Case in Weston, FL and have had nothing but problems with this car. (See all my additional problems with this vehicle)

- , Sunrise, FL, USA

Dec 012008

Accord EX 3

So I am driving home the other day and went to roll down my window. I hear this click and my window goes flying down. I try to roll it back up and the switch has no restraint or tension, it is just there. Now if I touch it in the slightest it rolls all the way down or all the way up...nothing in between. UGH!! What else can go wrong.

- , Long Beach, CA, USA

Apr 122006

Accord V6 3.0L

unless you have the window visor on the car doors...........Whenever there is frost or it just finishes raining the mildew or rain just runs up the crack of the door then drips directly down into the power window control button! you cant roll down the window unless you release the vacuum pressure built up after closing the door!

- , Napanee, Ontario, Canada

May 012008

Accord V6

I HATE MY CAR! The motor in the driver's side window keeps making a noise. It seems to continue trying to roll up after it's already all the way up.

- , Kenner, Louisiana, USA