Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.

2005 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord:

2005 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 062012

Accord 4-cyl

The stereo display went completely out. Then the radio started scanning radio stations. It is now stuck on some static sounding weather radio station. Off & on works but nothing else (e.g. volume, mode, load or eject, station tuning...) I have a library cd in the unit and am unable to eject it.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Mar 232005

Accord 4-cyl

I bought my brand new 2005 Accord ex in October of 2004. I had the car for no more than a few weeks when the right rear speaker blew out. I took it back to Honda and they replaced it with a new speaker. Not even a week later, the same speaker blew out again. I took it back to Honda and complained. A Honda representative came and checked out the car. Not only did they deny me the repair, but the women who looked at the car said the speaker was not blown and that it was most likely the cd's that I was playing. Meanwhile, I don't really use my cd player and I hear the popping noise from my speaker when I am playing the radio. I filed a complaint with the BBB and hopefully I will get this fixed. I am extremely disappointed with the Honda corporation.

- Monroe, NY, USA