Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.

2005 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord:

2005 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 112006

As I was coming to a complete stop, parking, the car sped up involuntarily. I kept pressing on the brakes, but it did not make any difference until the car was stopped by hitting a building. I was told that the dealer inspected the brakes while the car was at the body shop, and did not find anything wrong with them. The car was repaired, and I continued driving it. The involuntary acceleration occurred several times again, but I did not think anything of it because I was not coming to a complete stop, and it adjusted its speed again. Until...I had another accident eight years later due to none other than involuntary acceleration. See a separate complaint.

- Valrico, , FL, USA

Jan 152014

Accord 6-cyl

After getting the Honda Accord steering hose replaced due to overheating, I begin to hear noises and have steering issues. I took my car to the dealership and was told that I need to replace the rack and pion steering and the power steering pump. I believe that due to the power steering hose was the cause to additional problems to the steering.

- Alexandria, VA, USA