- July 1: NHTSA Has Urgent Message For Honda and Acura Owners news | 1 days ago
- June 27: Exploding Takata Airbag Involved in Death of Malaysian Woman news | 5 days ago
- June 10: U.S. Virgin Islands Sues Honda and Takata news | 22 days ago
- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 50 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 55 days ago
Key Won't Turn In The Ignition
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 89,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- realign tumblers in the locks or put new ones in (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem