CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.

2005 Honda Accord fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord:

2005 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 142016

Accord

Severely malfunctioning pollution control system or engine failure that emits burning oil and toxic smoke. This vehicle wa plate awj1933 was emitting burning oil and nitrous oxide components that were visible to the human eye. This vehicle was at the intersection of 112th ave/gher rd and SR500. It was idling and polluting cancerous clouds. It seems there is no online reporting form for vehicle air pollution in wa state, but there is one in Oregon.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Jul 042015

Accord

I bought my car June 26, 2015 used I had no problems no signs any thing wrong.. actually ran smoothly. On July 4, 2015 mid afternoon I drove to the store when I turn the car off it stall out making the sound on running out gas I had a full tank I drove back home and it was fine until the following day Sunday July 5,2015 mid evening my car start no problems unto I turn off the car 15 miles at a store when I got back in the car kept stalling out it would stay on as long as I had my foot on the gas as soon at I put my foot on the breaks it died out

- Cathedral City , CA, USA

May 042015

Accord

May 4, 2015, 2005 Honda Accord V6 stalled and all systems non-functional while driving. Accord rear-ended a car at rest at a stop sign. In November 2011, the transmission gave out on freeway. Vehicle stayed on and I was able to quickly coast off the freeway, but drive train was out and needed to be replaced (105K miles). This transmission failure seems to be consistent with other NHTSA reports. In April, 2011 the Accord began stalling and all systems failed while the car was in drive and moving. In may, 2012 the dch Honda of temecula found faulty throttle sensor and replaced the part. The vehicle has not experienced this problem again until this failure and accident. I see several reports of Accord stalling on this site. Is this a known problem? my daughter was fortunate this didn't happen when approaching oncoming traffic or the freeway. This seems like a serious safety issue.

- Murrieta, CA, USA