- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 13 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 18 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 21 days ago
- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 43 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 47 days ago
NHTSA — Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist: Power Steering Fluid Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 3,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.