- October 3: Honda Recalls Cars With Wheels That Lock Up
- September 17: Takata Airbag Recall List Expanded
- September 3: Honda Recalls 2015 Honda Fit To Repair Stalling Threat
- August 28: Honda Accord Airbag Failures Under Federal Investigation
- August 22: Honda HR-V Recalled For Missing Labels
Noise From Transmission While Shifting
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 48,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)