- October 13: Honda Recalls 350,000 Civics to Fix Parking Brakes recalls | 7 days ago
- October 3: Honda 'Disappointed and Troubled' by Takata's Behavior news | 17 days ago
- October 2: Takata Airbag Explodes in Fatal Honda Crash in Malaysia news | 18 days ago
- September 26: Honda CR-V Gas Smell Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 24 days ago
- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 26 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Floor Shift Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 38,058 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: