- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 28 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 30 days ago
- October 21: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 42 days ago
- October 13: Honda Recalls 350,000 Civics to Fix Parking Brakes recalls | 50 days ago
- October 3: Honda 'Disappointed and Troubled' by Takata's Behavior news | 60 days ago
2005 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,841 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 65 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (58 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- change torque converter (2 reports)
- rebuild transmission (1 reports)
- replace torque converter (1 reports)