- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 18 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 23 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 26 days ago
- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 48 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 52 days ago
Won't Shift Into 3rd Gear
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- replace transmission (1 reports)