Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.

The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.

Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.

2005 Honda Accord wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Accord:

2005 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 162006

Accord 4-cyl

I drove a 2005 Honda Accord. After two days of purchased which was in April, 2005 I pulled out of the parking space my left front tire was popped. I had it replaced and called the dealership. They sent me to one of their tire affiliate dealer and they said that it was not manufacturer faults. Four or five months after, I heard my brakes making this screech loud noise so I brought in for the dealer to take a look at and they had it re-do on the brake. Last week, beginning of May 2006. The car bring in my attention on the freeway. When I drive at 65 miles, the car was shaking, it moves side to side and I don't have that much control with the wheels. I brought it in and the dealer had my wheels rotate for me. And today, this morning I dropped my daughter to her baby sitter house at 9:30 a.M. it is a busy residential area so I was driving around 15-20 miles per hour. I heard a very loud noise from my car and the car was dragging something in the front, right passenger side for few seconds and the car was dead stop in the middle of the street. I could not start the engine at all. So I went out and looked. I saw my front right side car dropped on it's own wheel with black pieces, bolt, and silver ring piece scattered on the street. I looked down and saw my front right axle was broken and felt down on the street. There are neighbors walked by and saw what happened. I called a towed truck and they came by to towed my car to the nearby Honda dealer. With the condition the car was in. The tow truck man told me that he might had scraped my front bumper because my car had very small space for the lift of his truck to go under and lift up the car. We managed to secured the car and had it towed to the dealership. And they said that they will take a look at it.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jan 042005

Michelin, mxv4 energy saver, P205/60R16, dot#B97rftwx3804. While driving 70 mph both sides of the tire blew out. The tread wear on the tire was approximately 1485 miles. Consumer had the tire evaluated by Honda, sears, and tire kingdom. There were no punctures, nails, or anything to indicate that there was a puncture. When the tire was evaluated from the inside one could see the rubber peeling away from the tire. The whole layer of inside rubber was moving away from the tire.

- Melbourne, FL, USA