2006 Honda Accord accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Accord:

2006 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 042013

Accord 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the front driver's side automatic door lock was functioning sporadically and would not unlock with the key fob or with the manual door switch. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Dec 242011

Accord 6-cyl

My daughter was not able to open the driver side door from either the inside or outside door latch. This really scared her so that we she walked to our house doors she was shaking. This is a 2-door coupe and she was scared and almost panicking. She asked me what was wrong with the door because she could not open it. I investigated and the remote door opener was working. Even used the manual key to try to open the door but the latch would not engage to open the door. My biggest concern was the safety issue. What if my daughter was driving and had an accident and she had to get out of the car" what if the car was on fire" there is obviously a design flaw in the way the door was designed. I went to the dealer and I was told that there were other Honda cars that have had the same issue. Again, this is a safety issue. I am not aware if the other Honda owners who have had the same problems have actually reported this. I have seen several online post complaining about this problem...

- Hanford, CA, USA