2006 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Accord:

2006 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Mar 152016

The passenger windows suddenly failed to operate either from the driver control 0R the passenger control. All fuses and relays checked out. I have goggled the problem and have found that other Honda owners of other models have reported the same was concluded by many that the culprit was the master control switch.. some jury rigged the system others paid $500 to replace the switch. T.he vehicle was parked with the engine running when the problem was first recognized.

- Taunton, MA, USA

Nov 152015

Passenger and both back windows just stopped working. From what I have read in the public forums there are thousands of Honda Accord owners with the same issue. It is the child safety lock on the driver side door that is the issue.

- Nashua, NH, USA

Aug 032015

This is the third door lock actuator on this car that has failed. I know there was a class action against Honda for later model year actuators but it did not encompass 2006. The safety problem is that if a person wanted to get out of the locked car in a hurry the electrical lock and unlock button wouldn't unlock the car. The first failure occurred to the left rear door lock actuator replaced under warranty, then in 2009 the right rear failed and now in 2015 the right front failed. I think because of the frequency of failure there is a design problem possibly an extension of the design problems that lead to the later model class action lawsuit for lock actuator failures.

- Hinckley, OH, USA

Mar 292015

Accord 6-cyl

I was traveling at the speed of 35 mph in low traffic when I hit a small bump and my car lost all power. All the lights on the dash came on and steering became really tight. I drifted to a stop and switched the car off then on. It restarted and the check engine light was on. The light then went off. Two weeks before this the car cut off as I was backing out my driveway. The check engine light came on and I took it to tires plus the technician found the check engine light to be a computer error. This is really dangerous. Its seems as if the car is design to cut off as to alert me something is wrong; however, that would be great if it cut off before it is put in gear. Once I start moving this puts me in great danger of being ran over and killed. The out come of this design could be fatal for me and many more experiencing this. Walsh Honda of macon, ga also found the codes to be erroneous.

- Centerville, GA, USA

Feb 272015

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving at 65 mph and attempting to power off the headlights, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was able to restart. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 121,000.

- Platteville , WI, USA

Nov 232014

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph, white smoke started to emit from the ventilation system. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the vehicle needed an expansion valve and a dryer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Jul 022014

Accord 6-cyl

While driving the check engine light and vsa light came on, the car started to slow down stepped on gas pedal no response, no power, and could not go over 20 mph. Took car to my repair shop, they told me that it is a glitch in the accelerator pedal sensor. Once they cleared the code from the computer the car ran fine, they told me it could happen again, and they would have to replace the sensor.

- Havertown, PA, USA

Mar 082014

Accord 4-cyl

On Saturday 3/8/2014, I was driving my mom to a local nearby lowe's. she was sitting in the passenger front seat with the seat warmer on. She mentioned that the seat was really hot & she then turned the seat warmer off. After we got home & she got out of the car, I noticed that part of my passenger leather seat was melted.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 202013

Accord 6-cyl

Driving to work, I had the heat on. My son told me it was super cold and asked me to turn the heat up, no heat was coming out it was on full blast cold ac on the passenger side only. So I ended up turning the heat off and we both sat in the cold. This happened for about a week straight and then it got warmer and I haven't had to use it since. I've had to replace the brakes twice since owning it only since 2009. I also had the smoking coming out of the engine (power steering recall) - got it fixed by Honda only after my mechanic contacted them for the part - then they were told about the recall that I was never informed of. This weekend 7/28/13 I had to replace my Honda battery yet again after getting stranded in another city and the dealership was closed - this is the third time in 4 years. Something is terribly wrong with the electrical system. Taking my car to the shop this afternoon.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

May 122012

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the air conditioner would only blow cold air through the passenger's side vent. The driver's side vents circulated hot air. The failure recurred whenever the air conditioner was activated. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of problem. The approximate failure mileage was 130,000.

- Seaford, DE, USA

Feb 072013

Accord 6-cyl

In February, I had to replace the power steering pump, and driver side power window switch. In June I had to replace the starter motor.

- West Chester, PA, USA

Jan 012011

An abnormal noise is occurring in my vehicle transmission when I am in the secondary gear. The vehicle engine has and continues to occasionally stall as if their is a short circuit in the electrical component and transmission of the vehicle and vehicle engine which intermittently shuts down but comes back on before the vehicle engine completely stops. When the vehicle is placed in the parked gear position, the vehicle occasionally rolls until the parking emergency brake is applied. I do not want a failed transmission bearing to cause more damage to my vehicle transmission. I discovered this problem was recalled on August 8, 2011 for 2006 Honda Accord vehicles. Recall no. 11V395000, under "automatic transmission bearing failure."

- Rialto, CA, USA

May 302012

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. While parked, the ABS and brake warning lights illuminated. The gauges on the instrument panel were not displaying a reading. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics where the technician advised that the computer gauge control module would have to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Parsippany, NJ, USA

May 062009

Accord 4-cyl

2006 Honda Accord software wasnt working. And then I had a recall for my car..

- Bronx, NY, USA

Sep 012011

Accord 4-cyl

I was in park proceeded to put my car in reverse instead of backing up, the car kept moving in a semi - circle, the vehicle was out of control. Thus, I attempted to bring the car to a halt by stepping on the brakes, however, the brake pedal ceased to work and did not stop the car from being in motion. In closing, the car lost control went about 100ft. Or more till it finally came to a stop at the end of the parking lot. Lastly, the car is at coast Honda, however, I was informed there was not anything they could do to repair the car. My concern is if this happens again what if anything can I do to prevent this? as such, this time I was fortunate because, I was in a parking lot and not on a road, where I could have had an accident, or worse. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6)

- Wall, NJ, USA

Sep 012011

Accord 4-cyl

I own a 06 Honda Accord I have had to replace the remote key twice the plastic cracks on the front cover making the key almost impossible to use.these keys cost $150 to replace.I have spoken to the dealer & Honda about this matter all to no avail !

- Talladega, AL, USA

Jul 212010

I was driving along in major traffic on a busy thoroughfare and suddenly the engine lost acceleration, the engine light came on, and the D (rive) light started blinking apparently signifying a major transmission problem. The car immediately lost speed down to 10 miles an hour and I had to navigate out of busy traffic via a left hand turn to a safe resting spot not knowing whether I would make it through the oncoming traffic. I had 3 passengers in the car. The car was ultimately towed to the dealer.

- Princeton, NJ, USA

Aug 162009

Car cuts off while driving and engine light comes on. This has happened twice. Autozone did a diagnostic test which stated I had a faulty computer module. Honda couldn't find anything other than I needed a new battery. This is my 4th battery. The battery will not stay charged. I don't feel safe driving this car now especially since I found the same problems happening to other drivers online. You all have some of the same defects on other models as my 2006 Honda Accord exv6. I also was not contacted about the exterior light defects.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 022009

Battery has to be replaced each year. Battery won't stay charged and has to be replaced yearly. This is my third battery.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Mar 182009

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. The contact was driving approximately 35 mph on wet road surface conditions. The pixel in the instrument cluster failed to operate. There was no illumination or prior warnings to the failure. The vehicle was taken to the authorized dealer for diagnostic test. The technician stated the failure was related to the cd player. The vehicle has not been repaired for the malfunction. The contact had concern of the safety risk involved. The failure mileage was 51,000. The current mileage was 51,800. The VIN was unavailable.

- Stafford , VA, USA