2006 Honda Accord lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Accord:

2006 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 202015

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. While the vehicle was undergoing routine maintenance, the mechanic noticed that there was a small leak in the power steering hose and the hose needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the vehicle was experiencing the failure listed in NHTSA campaign number: 12V222000 (steering); however, the VIN was not included. The contact also stated that the headlights became frosted, which caused the headlights to become dim. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The mechanic stated that the headlight covers needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 162013

Accord 4-cyl

During multiple instances, my car (Honda Accord 2006) was either in nearly stopped position or stopping in the line of traffic red light behind other car. Suddenly, it just self-accelerated itself with RPM cranking up to 1.5 K-RPM while I was braking my brake peddle to set my car in stopped situation. Normally, when it was in fully stop or idle position, the engine idle RPM speed is 0.75~0.8 K-RPM. These scary instances of "self-acceleration" happened at least three times in recent two months. Luckily, I was in fully depressed brake position for these instances. When I heard and saw the engine RPM speed suddenly cranking up twice as fast, I instantly depressed further down the brake even harder to make sure the car didn't gallop up and hit the car in front of mine. This is a very serious situation. It just likes some other people (ghost driver) is driving my car besides me.

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Aug 022010

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Accord. The contact stated that whenever the defroster was activated, the exterior light would dim. In addition, the passenger side headlight was inoperable. The glove compartment light would continuously remain illuminated while the vehicle was turned on. Upon exiting and closing the driver side door, the contact stated that all four windows fell halfway down. The dealer diagnosed no failure with the defects. The manufacturer was not contacted and the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 38,000 and the current mileage was 103,000.

- Orangeburg, SC, USA

Aug 292009

2006 Honda Accord chronic problem - headlights dim frequently while driving - windshield wipers hesitate in same intervals - happens at nigh. Daytime running lights also dimming completely.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Aug 182009

Exterior lighting recall.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

May 222006

Low beams on my 2006 Honda Accord have not illuminated well. I have lived with this poor lighting by using my high beam when not indicated. Recently, I discovered a recall # 07E004000 that states about it. My vehicle is a perfect example of this problem. I called Honda and the customer service said they were closed during prime business time. I was also told the headlights were an after market issue. How do I get this safety concern fixed? thank you.

- North Java, NY, USA

Jul 242008

I am a police officer in the northeast Ohio area. In the past few months I've come in contact with a design flaw pertaining to the newer model Honda vehicles. On at least 10 separate occasions I've had to advise drivers of Honda vehicles to turn on their lights. During fog, rain and night time driving these vehicles were driving with only the daytime driving lights on. In my opinion the flaw is that the daytime driving lights come on automatically and also activate the dashboard illumination, so the driver of the car thinks the headlights are on. However, the only lights that are on, are the daytime driving lights, there are no taillights, no sidemarker lights or the headlights that are on. Practically the vehicle is driving blacked out in the above listed weather conditions and therefore creates a hazard to the occupants and other drivers on the road. I believe this design flaw creates a substantial risk to the people on the road as well as the owners of those Honda vehicles. I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about reporting the problem but I will also send a copy of this email to Honda and hope that they will address this safety issue.

- Twinsburg, OH, USA