2006 Honda Accord miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Accord:

2006 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 212016

Vehicle air conditioner suddenly started blowing hot air upon starting the vehicle. Hot air would continue for approximately 20-30 minutes before the A/C would engage and begin cooling.

- Grovetown, GA, USA

Feb 252016

I was driving on a city street (not more than 30-35mph) and came to a red light and stopped. My car stalled or died when I tried to accelerate after the light turned green. I'm not clear if my car stalled or died completely as I was too busy trying to make sure other drivers saw my emergency flashers. I could not accelerate and engine completely went quiet or dead. Both the check battery and oil lights flashed. Upon turning off my car and restarting all was fine and lithe check battery and oil lights went off. The car drove fine and lights have not come on again since.

- Mukilteo, WA, USA

Aug 012015

Paint clear coat failure on trunk then spread around car

- Telford, PA, USA

Aug 032015

This is the third door lock actuator on this car that has failed. I know there was a class action against Honda for later model year actuators but it did not encompass 2006. The safety problem is that if a person wanted to get out of the locked car in a hurry the electrical lock and unlock button wouldn't unlock the car. The first failure occurred to the left rear door lock actuator replaced under warranty, then in 2009 the right rear failed and now in 2015 the right front failed. I think because of the frequency of failure there is a design problem possibly an extension of the design problems that lead to the later model class action lawsuit for lock actuator failures.

- Hinckley, OH, USA

Jul 072015

Honda dealer reported my vehicle is at risk for fire due to severely corroded manifold converter heat shields and mechanical failure of mid-tunnel underfloor heat shield. Honda dealer estimated cost at $1,170.79 to prevent a fire. I spoke with supervisor darien at Honda customer service and she was indifferent and repeated standard boilerplate. Involved part numbers; HP18120-rca-A00, HP18121-rca-A00, HP18122-rca-A00, HP18123-rca-A00 and HP74601-sda-A01

- Goodrich, MI, USA

May 292015

I have been smelling gas periodically while driving. Initially, I thought it might have been other vehicles in close proximity, but now believe it might be my vehicle. This occurs when I turn on the air conditioner.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Dec 142013

My car is leaking water in and around my side passenger airbag sign on the panel on the door.

- Hyde Park, MA, USA

Mar 182010

Basically, my 2006 Honda Accord ex 4-door sedan began to smoke and combusted almost immediately as I was taking it to the mechanic. Here's the story. My car was parked in a friend's garage that was located in gainesville, fl where I noticed that two lights appeared for the first time. One light was an emissions malfunction light and the other was a vehicle stability assist control light. This is after I had my car fully serviced for the usual 30,000 mile service. Anyways, I was taking the car to the mechanic since I figured those lights were somewhat concerning. I figured the emissions light needed to be looked at. I drove maybe a maximum of three to four miles when I noticed smoke under the hood of the car. There was a fire starting and surely enough it started to combust about 10 to 15 seconds later. My brakes also seemed to give out at the same time so I swerved into a parking lot to slow the car down and proceeded to get out of it with all my possessions still inside. As I watched in dismay as my car was on fire, I was wondering what come next. I had to deal with all the proper authorities, and subsequently became very ill the next day. I had suffered from a decent amount of stress and trauma since but I feel quite better now. There was no reason for this to happen because my car should have been in good order and has been in great condition for the past four years. The car is totally destroyed and the insurance company has taken care of it. I haven't made any formal complaints to newspapers, websites, or anything. This seems to be a good place to voice my concerns as to what happened and such.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Mar 062009

Brakes in my car become much less responsive to brake pedal than normal. Had to press to floor to get car to brake. Vsa modulator replaced at cost of $1600

- Nashville, TN, USA

Nov 112007

Accord 6-cyl

The anti-lock brake system (ABS) indicator, vsa activation indicator, vehicle stability assist (vsa) system indicator, parking brake and brake system indicator, malfunction indicator lamp instrument panel lights comes on for no reason. For the lights to go out I must turn the car off and then back on for the lights to go out. This has happened like three or 4 times before with my car. Same problem all times. Martin main line Honda dealership # 207980 in ardmore pa 19003-2385 cannot find / pull any relevant codes from the computer in the car. The dealership cannot find anything physically wrong with my car from the lights or why they cam and keep coming on. I did show the dealership photos I took of the instrument panel with the lights on. The dealership has searched the Honda service tech website for any information on this problem and found nothing from Honda. The regional Honda service rep was asked about this on going problem and he said that he could not do anymore then what the dealership can do on there own. I need Honda to fix this major problem. Thanks

- Gladwyne, PA, USA