2007 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 062014

Accord

When I went to go turn on my car the radio went dark. I have done some online research and apparently this is a common problem for model years 2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2007, and 2008. I also have issues with the interior ceiling light. It keeps burning out. I have also experienced my power windows go down on its own after I locked the vehicle by pressing the remote button. Occasional, when I put my key in the ignition and im about to turn on the car I hear a buzzing sound be fore it officially starts.

- Vineland, NJ, USA

Dec 032012

Accord

When I have an adult passenger sitting in my 07 Accord front passenger seat I occasionally see the passenger airbag off light lit up. The passenger is about 95 pounds and I believe it should be sufficient to keep ensure airbags are kept alive for an grown up adult. I am very concerned about this and worried that airbag may fail to deploy. I request Honda and NHTSA to consider this complaint seriously and investigate asap before it is too serious.

- Auburn Hills, MI, USA

Feb 112014

Accord

After a week long period of heavy rain, three out of four power window switches on the driver's side door failed. It seems like the 'master power window switch' may have shorted out. All windows except the driver's window fail to open now from any window switch in the entire car. After searching online, people report this to be a common problem in this generation of Accord (2003-2007). Honda has also recalled the Honda fit 2007-2008 for this same reason/part. www.Honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=7262-en

- El Cerrito, CA, USA

Apr 182014

Accord 6-cyl

My 2007 Honda Accord had starting problem, and the engine stalled when I backed up sometimes, especially when in hot condition. It will eventually started after 3 or 4 time when I tried to started. The mechanic didn't find any problem with starter or battery, but I change it anyway for my safety; the problem still there. After researched on the internet, I changed the ignition witch; the problem solved. Honda should look into this problem to prevent accidents or deaths. My car engine shut off when I backed up a few times not in forward. Hopefully it will not happen in forward condition to any drivers.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA

Apr 232014

Accord 4-cyl

My 2007 Honda Accord has a starting problem. Initial diagnosis test leads to faulty ignition switch as the cause. The car does not start on the first attempt. It starts after turning the key for more than 5 times.

- East Greenbush, NY, USA

Feb 252013

Accord 4-cyl

Check engine light went on and off a few times, took it to autocheck and found a code. Took it to dealer, they could not locate the code and claimed there is no issue they can find, come back when it happens again. Few weeks later, the check engine light came again in the evening, and now with other problems, the whole electric system including lights, radio etc started dancing on and off, ABS light came on and off. Happened for a few minutes and then everything went smooth. I took the car back to dealership and they claim the code P0685 was found and there was a software update for the PCM and they applied that update. I asked why was there no intimation about it and the response was that it was not considered as one of the critical updates. With the experience I had, the way things were happening in that 2-3 minutes of electric system dance, anything could have gone wrong with the car. There should be a recall notice sent for this update.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 052012

Accord 4-cyl

Had vehicle serviced a day later I heard a clicking noise. This noise continued. I thought it was a fuse. Then two days later the driver window will raise and lower by the master control switch. The passenger front and rear windows would not lower only click when pushing the master control switch/button. I took vehicle to Honda they said it was not under warranty but after a diagnostic fee of $59 it was working however the switch isn't grounded properly and still makes the clicking noise and won't work with the key trying to lower the windows. I then observed online that there was a recall for V6 model of 2007 Accord. Mine is a 4cyl. Honda wants about $359 for the repair. The repair is for the master control window switch.

- Rock Hill, SC, USA

Jul 022012

Accord

I have already had to replace the drivers side power window motor. Then in July while my car was parked for a week I came back from vacation used the remote to unlock the car and it would not work. I had to manually unlock the door. Then realized that the only power window that works now is only the drivers side. While searching on the internet for a remedy to this issue I found many, many Honda users that this has happened to. I see that the master switch has been recalled but only on the CRV. Maybe, this should be extended to the 2007 Honda Accord also. This is an extreme safety issue since I am unable to quickly unlock the door with the remote and none of the other windows will roll down or unlock. The replacement on the power window motor was over $300. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for looking into this matter.

- Odessa, FL, USA

Nov 152011

Accord

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. The contact stated that the vehicle started to jerk while driving 25 mph and the steering wheel turned toward the right abnormally. As a result, the ignition key broke in half and the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was not taken to have the failure diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and the current mileages were 100,000.

- Lake Elsinore, CA, USA

Sep 222011

Accord 4-cyl

The regulators of two rear windows made loud noise during window open operation on Sept. 22, 2011. One of the window was not able to close all the way up after it was open. These two windows only are used less than a dozen times. It was raining that day. The windshield was smoggy while I was driving because the window was not able to close. The defrost was not able to clear the windshield. This defect can potentially resulted in fatal accident.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Mar 082011

Accord

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord coupe ex. The contact stated that on an intermittent basis that the horn would not function properly and it almost caused a crash since the horn malfunctioned intermittently. The vehicle had not been inspected by a dealer nor had it been repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 98,900. The VIN was unavailable.

- Liphonia, GA, USA

Jan 012008

Accord

My Accord has a history of "buzzing" when I turn the ignition key. The noise is coming from the lower left area of the dash. I've had it in the dealer repair shop more than once, but the problem still exists.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Sep 232010

Accord

Read this through and accept it as accurate. I am sane, intelligent, a former cpa. The problem is unusual, but I was there; you weren't. 2007 Honda Accord. When stopped for a traffic signal, car began to vibrate and shake violently to a booming base noise. The level of sound: Louder than standing by the speakers at a rock concert. The volume hurt my ears; it was easily loud enough to cause hearing damage for a prolonged exposure. I've worked in a machine shop, and I know loud. (I assumed someone with a mega stereo and sub-woofer pulled up alongside me. My radio was off, and I have a stock system, not capable of this magnitude of sound.) when I turned at the light, my vehicle was the only one there, and I realized the sound was coming from my car. The sound was definitively from speakers and an amplified sound, not a normal engine or exhaust sound. I revved the engine, and the sound did not change. The sound decreased slightly as I drove, and then resumed its former level. I pulled into a gas station, shut the engine off, and looked under the hood and body. I saw nothing. On the way home, I stopped by a Honda dealer, and they said they had never heard of such a thing. The service advisor mentioned it might have been the anc, or electronic noise cancellation, which is used to produce opposite sound waves to cancel out engine and road noise, creating a quiet cab environment. I asked if the system had the power to shake the car, and she responded yes. I was stopped at a light, so the only danger was to my hearing. If this happens to someone in traffic, the results could be dangerous. The onslaught of noise and shaking was jarring. This would appear to be an electronic glitch, and therefore very hard to diagnose. I am putting this on record so that anyone else experiencing it has supporting incidents.

- Kentwood, MI, USA

Jun 202010

Accord

According to the watertown Honda dealer(watertown ct), running my air conditioner caused the short circuiting of my on board computer. My onboard computer was filled with water and fried, resulting in loss of electric for the vehicle(which I am told would include ABS brake system, air bags, power steering, engine control, lights and all other safety features). The Honda dealer that has my vehicle determined that the air conditioning condenser dripped onto the computer which caused it to malfunction. There are no modifications or damage to my vehicle, it has never been in an accident or flooded. It has been maintained and driven under normal driving conditions only. The vehicle was purchased new 3 years ago. I had driven my car from nh to ct for fathers day. I parked the car, then moved it from one parking space to another. Later after lunch, my car would not start. It turned over and over, but would not start. The green key light was blinking, the orange engine light was on, and the red oil light was on. There was static coming from the speakers even though the radio was off, and it sounded like every relay and switch under the hood was cycling on and off. It had been completely dry on the drive down, but had a few sprinkles while the car was parked. I had the car towed to a Honda dealership in ct(Honda of watertown) I further explained that I have never had any accidents modifications to the vehicle. I had hit a pile of snow coming into my driveway (the first winter I owned the vehicle) that cracked the cowl, but had grappone Honda (concord nh)service inspect it during my next oil change to determine it was only superficial damage. I explained that I have only driven it under normal conditions, ie I have driven in the rain and through regular puddles, but the car has never been flooded or through any deep puddles ever. Luckily I was parked when this happened, or I may not be here to file the complaint at all.

- Henniker, NH, USA

Dec 262009

Accord 6-cyl

I took the battery out of an 2007 Honda Accord V-6 to get access to the headlight bulb behind the battery. I put the battery back into the car and installed the positive terminal then touched the negative terminal to the negative post on the battery and the car engine started without the key being turned on. If I would have had my hands in the wrong area in the engine compartment I would not be typing this E-mail. No one was in the car with the key turned on, the car started by itself and would not shut off when I turned the key to on or off, I had to get into the car and put it into gear and then back to park to get the key to shut the engine off.

- Warrior, AL, USA

Sep 152009

Accord

While parking my car in my garage, I had put it in park and took my foot of the brake pedal, my 2007 Honda Accord sedan lunged forward hitting my drywall, solar water heater, washer and dryer then it jumped back and stopped. I was so stunned as I didn't know what was happening here. Instantly the car decided to go in reverse at an accelerated rate down the hill of my driveway hitting the concrete side of my neighbor's garage, their car and bounced forward up the hill to hit my house again and stopped at the crest of the hill. The car is totaled. State farm insurance hired an investigator sea that decided that there are no deficiencies yet they failed to look at the transmission, electronic control module, powertrain only reviewed the brakes, tires, throttle. Can you help me. After reviewing an article of the Toyota and how they and other manufacturers have gone to a new electronic throttle control module which has resulted in the same type of problem, I accelerated as my foot was on the brake the whole time and the shift gear was in park. This needs to be investigated further. Possible new recall. There are several other incidents listed on the Honda malfunctions complaint page under 2007 Honda Accord with the same type of problems, cars being totaled and what recourse do we have as consumers? obviously state farm isn't going to pursue it with Honda just charge to me as an accident and probably drop me and raise my rates sky high. I need help on how to pursue this further. $10,000 damage to my house, car totaled @ $18,000+, and $19,000+ damage to my neighbor's house. Luckily no children were out and no deaths occurred as a result of this. The only air bag that deployed were the side curtains not the driver's side either.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 302009

Accord

My 2007 Honda Accord with 23,800 miles on it stalls and will not restart. This occurs after it has been driven lightly (a few local miles) in moderate temperature conditions. The ignition doesn't work; the battery loses its charge. The occurrences are unpredictable and leave me stranded wherever the incident occurs. Yesterday I was stranded one-hour from my home; called aaa for assistance. Aaa observed the battery needed recharging which solved the problem. However when taken to the dealer, the Honda dealer claimed there was nothing wrong with the battery. This appears to be an electrical or fuel pump problem and appears to relate directly to the NHTSA Honda recalls for stalling and/or sudden stopping by recalled 2005-2006 models. The problem has not been corrected in my 2007 model. What iis my recourse? I haven't paid the car off yet and consider it to be a lemon.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA

Nov 302008

Accord

2007 Honda Accord. Headlights flicker periodically. Suspect taillights are doing the same. Reported to dealership. They tested battery and charging system and could not find a problem. Took to my mechanic. Same result. Replaced bulbs in lights. Problem remains. Had electronics shop check all data system but there are no listings. Online bulletin board suggests this is a pervasive issue with Honda vehicles but Honda has not addressed it. I don't know if this is an electrical problem or just faulty vehicles but the dimming of lights at night time when following another driver could be mistaken as me trying to get their attention. In the seattle, wa area that could be a dangerous thing.... please help!!

- Seattle, WA, USA

Aug 012008

Accord

The dash and headlights flicker whenever the air conditioning compressor cycles, even at highway speed. I brought it to the dealer, and they said that all Honda's do it. I researched the problem, and it's evident that the issue is widespread. My car is a 2007 Accord.

- Wantage, NJ, USA

May 262008

Accord

Multiple electrical difficulties vehicle has been at the dealership on 2 separate occasions due to sporadic working of the power door locks and keyless entry system. They still have not found the issue. It is worse when it is humid and/or rains. During the winter months of 2007/2008; the stereo's lcd went warped and the whole stereo had to be replaced. On memorial day 2008; the drivers side seat caught fire while I was sitting in it parked waiting on my children to come out of a theme park. My husband burned his hand trying to put out the fire; and was out of work for about 2-weeks due to the burn. The dealership and Honda refused to take responsibility for this fire; which started inside the seat due to the electronic seats and/or heated leather seats, as determined by the insurance company appraiser. The seat had to be replaced, the electronic seat components, heated leather seat components, part of the center console, and the carpeting and floor mats. We got the car back on July 3. on Monday, July 7; my husband took the car to have it inspected (at the dealership); since the state inspection was past due. They rejected the inspection stating that the electronic system is not recognizing the seat belts. They later changed their tune when I called them and are now trying to say it wasn't that it was the airbag wasn't hooked up; and they could fix it. I know they are lying, and they are trying to cover their tracks as this I am sure is just another electrical issue in my car. I am at my wits end on what to do with this car. I can't afford to trade it in, I have spent over $1000 on rental cars waiting for it to be repaired, and now this. Also, the power door locks still do not work.

- Gloucester, VA, USA