2007 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Aug 012008

Accord

The dash and headlights flicker whenever the air conditioning compressor cycles, even at highway speed. I brought it to the dealer, and they said that all Honda's do it. I researched the problem, and it's evident that the issue is widespread. My car is a 2007 Accord.

- Wantage, NJ, USA

May 262008

Accord

Multiple electrical difficulties vehicle has been at the dealership on 2 separate occasions due to sporadic working of the power door locks and keyless entry system. They still have not found the issue. It is worse when it is humid and/or rains. During the winter months of 2007/2008; the stereo's lcd went warped and the whole stereo had to be replaced. On memorial day 2008; the drivers side seat caught fire while I was sitting in it parked waiting on my children to come out of a theme park. My husband burned his hand trying to put out the fire; and was out of work for about 2-weeks due to the burn. The dealership and Honda refused to take responsibility for this fire; which started inside the seat due to the electronic seats and/or heated leather seats, as determined by the insurance company appraiser. The seat had to be replaced, the electronic seat components, heated leather seat components, part of the center console, and the carpeting and floor mats. We got the car back on July 3. on Monday, July 7; my husband took the car to have it inspected (at the dealership); since the state inspection was past due. They rejected the inspection stating that the electronic system is not recognizing the seat belts. They later changed their tune when I called them and are now trying to say it wasn't that it was the airbag wasn't hooked up; and they could fix it. I know they are lying, and they are trying to cover their tracks as this I am sure is just another electrical issue in my car. I am at my wits end on what to do with this car. I can't afford to trade it in, I have spent over $1000 on rental cars waiting for it to be repaired, and now this. Also, the power door locks still do not work.

- Gloucester, VA, USA

Jul 072007

Accord

It's a major design flaw of Honda to deviate from the standard that the dash lights do not illuminate unless the headlights are on. I'm sure most other drivers are accustomed to this standard. Compound that with other vehicle models (of which we have two) that will turn on headlights automatically, and you have serious potential to drive at night without nothing but the automatic running lights on. These running lights produce enough reflective light, along with the dash lights, to lead the driver to believe they have the headlights on.

- Spring, TX, USA

Nov 022006

Accord 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 30 mph on normal road conditions, there was a loud popping sound from the front left side of the windshield. The sound also occurred when driving on rough roads. The sales/service dealer was notified and the vehicle was inspected. When the contact drove the vehicle again, the problem continued, so the vehicle was returned to the sales/service dealer. The sales/service dealer refused to provide a refund, replace the vehicle or to replace the seal to the windshield. The manufacturer was notified. The consumer found a service bulletin regarding improperly sealed windshields (molding problems) that cause popping/rattling noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but they claimed they could not hear the noise. The fuse box under the hood near the dashboard and in the interior of the car were tightened because they were loose. This affected the daytime running lights. The left front strut and the firewall were too close and were rubbing together. The gaskets were shrinking around the windshield which were causing the windshield vibrating problems. The windshield sprayer was clogged. The exhaust heat shields were loose. The front door window channels were lubricated and finally replaced because of the excessive rattling noise. The door jambs were irregular which added to the window rattling problem. Updated 01/10/08.

- Plainview, NY, USA