9.3

2007 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Oct 042012

Accord LX 4 cyl

My accord has been throwing on a check engine light and jerks back as if I downshifted. Then it doesn't go over like 2500rpm. I have to pull over and disconnect the battery to re-set it. I have been everywhere getting shops to pull codes for the check engine light and they all say there is nothing stored so there is no code to get. i have all fluids flushed, new spark plugs and air filter. I thought i had it all fixed and about 2 months later, it happened again, been doing it every week now. honda won't fix it cause they want me to pay $120 to run a check on it. that's just bullshit.

- , Dallas, TX, USA

Mar 042012

Accord EX 2.4L I4

Check engine light came on within 48 hours after I bought the car. Returned it to the dealer and demanded my money back. They refused. Burien Honda (WA) service dept. examined the car and said it was the catalytic converter. I again demanded my money back. They refused. Salesman said all 2007 Honda Accords have faulty catalytic converters and that Honda reimburses the dealers for replacement. Once again, I demanded my money back. They refused. After an hour of demanding, they finally gave me my money back. Burien Honda advertises themselves as being a small, personal dealer. Now I understand why they stay small.

- , Tacoma, WA, USA

Apr 162008

Accord EX-L 2.4L 4 cyl

complaint #3, now this was the BIGGY!!! car all of a sudden began jerking and as I stepped on the gas, car would not pass 3000RPM. 3000RPM was the limit,I parked and ran the car to find our if this occurred only while driving, nope, same caca. took the car in for this and the paint chipping and brake noise issue. All this cost me a week without my car, and on top of that, 75miles were put on the car for "ROAD TESTING", how extreme is that???

- , Pico Rivera, CA, USA