2007 Honda Accord engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 132008

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. The contact stated that as she was driving approximately 45 mph her vehicle accelerated and crashed into a building causing damages to her vehicle. The contact and the passenger were injured and pregnant. They were transported to the hospital. A police report is available. The vehicle was destroyed. The Honda manufacturer stated that if specialist diagnose the failure the contact would have to pay the cost since there were no related recalls. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Irvington, NJ, USA

Mar 142009

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 5 mph and making a left turn and applying pressure to the brake pedal a forceful unintended acceleration occurred and crashed into a vehicle. The contact was unable to remember the details of the incident. The police and ambulance were notified. The driver sustained no personal injury; however, the opposing vehicle driver was transported to the hospital. The vehicle sustained severe damages. The vehicle was towed to the police department and collision center. The insurance company was also notified. The cause of the failure has not been determined. The contact has concerns of the safety risk involved. The failure and current mileages were 9,500.

- Salem, NH, USA

Nov 302008

Entered a parking spot that ended with a 6 inch concrete curb. Vehicle suddenly accelerated causing $10000 damage to body & smoke coming out of engine, oil flowing all over area. My foot was on the brake and I was moving at a snail's pace.

- Hawley, PA, USA

Nov 302008

We had filed a complain with our 2007 Honda Accord for sudden acceleration. We have not picked up hundreds of identical accidents with injuries, etc. We have never received reply on what the NHTSA is doing about these accidents.

- Hawley, PA, USA

Dec 072008

On 4 separate occasions I've been driving at highway speeds and before entering the highway( at 25-35 mph) and have felt a lurch forward movement from the vehicle almost like a rough shift from transmission(veh is automatic)--its happened when I've warmed the car up for less than my customary 10 minutes. I've felt it several times(4-5) while driving a distance of 25 miles)on each trip. I went to the dealer/balance tires/couldn't find anything/told to bring back when it happens/it happened again when it was snowing (and the other times I've noticed it. It was also snowing and the car hadn't been warmed up 10 minutes) the lurch is very noticeable when driving almost making you feel like the vehicle will "conk out"--which is scary to say the least when driving on a interstate.

- Camel, NY, USA

Nov 302008

I was driving into a mcdonald's parking lot, looking for an empty spot so that we could use the rest rooms. It was Nov. 30th, Sunday afternoon, and the loot was full of people returning from their thanksgiving holiday. Finally saw one open spot. As I turned right to enter the spot, there was a noise and a sudden acceleration. This parking spot ended with a 6 to 8 inch concrete curb. There was a sudden acceleration and my auto flew like a rocket ship into the concrete curb. Smoke was coming out of the engine, oil was flowing all over the pavement, people were screaming get out of that car. Fortunately, we turned the engine off immediately most probably avoiding a more serious problem. The damage to the body of my auto was almost $5000 and approximately the same amount to fix the engine. This car was only two years old with a mileage of approximately 22,000 miles. This car was in the Honda body shop for 4 weeks until the repairs were completed. They were unable to duplicate the surge and therefore made no correction for the failure.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Nov 232007

Accord 4-cyl

I was in aa parking lot, I backed out of the space and I put the car in drive. I accelerated to go up a slight incline at the top of the incline I made a right turn to exit form the stores driveway. After the turn the car suddenly act strangely and suddenly accelerated jumping forward and I.

- Yonkers, NY, USA

Sep 172007

Accord 4WD 4-cyl

On September 17, 2007, I was making a right turn into my parking space at my condo, when suddenly and quickly, my 2007 Honda Accord accelerated forward, causing the car to go over the parking block and crash into the palm tree on the lawn. The distance the car traveled was approximately 15-20 feet. It was quite freaky and extremely frightening. Fortunately, I did not sustain any serious injuries. If the palm tree had not been there, my car would have crashed into the front porch of my neighbor's ground floor condo. My Accord has not yet been towed away for damage assessment and repair. However, the police report listed the damage at approximately. $4000. I am very reluctant to drive a Honda vehicle ever again.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA

Nov 022006

Accord 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 30 mph on normal road conditions, there was a loud popping sound from the front left side of the windshield. The sound also occurred when driving on rough roads. The sales/service dealer was notified and the vehicle was inspected. When the contact drove the vehicle again, the problem continued, so the vehicle was returned to the sales/service dealer. The sales/service dealer refused to provide a refund, replace the vehicle or to replace the seal to the windshield. The manufacturer was notified. The consumer found a service bulletin regarding improperly sealed windshields (molding problems) that cause popping/rattling noise. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but they claimed they could not hear the noise. The fuse box under the hood near the dashboard and in the interior of the car were tightened because they were loose. This affected the daytime running lights. The left front strut and the firewall were too close and were rubbing together. The gaskets were shrinking around the windshield which were causing the windshield vibrating problems. The windshield sprayer was clogged. The exhaust heat shields were loose. The front door window channels were lubricated and finally replaced because of the excessive rattling noise. The door jambs were irregular which added to the window rattling problem. Updated 01/10/08.

- Plainview, NY, USA