2007 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Oct 022008

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 45 mph, the contact rear ended the preceding vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. He was involved in a four vehicle crash. There were no warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was towed to a collision center. The police and ambulance were called to the scene and a police report was filed. The contact sustained minor injuries and both vehicles were damaged. He was concerned of the safety risk involved. The failure and current mileages were unavailable.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

May 262008

Multiple electrical difficulties vehicle has been at the dealership on 2 separate occasions due to sporadic working of the power door locks and keyless entry system. They still have not found the issue. It is worse when it is humid and/or rains. During the winter months of 2007/2008; the stereo's lcd went warped and the whole stereo had to be replaced. On memorial day 2008; the drivers side seat caught fire while I was sitting in it parked waiting on my children to come out of a theme park. My husband burned his hand trying to put out the fire; and was out of work for about 2-weeks due to the burn. The dealership and Honda refused to take responsibility for this fire; which started inside the seat due to the electronic seats and/or heated leather seats, as determined by the insurance company appraiser. The seat had to be replaced, the electronic seat components, heated leather seat components, part of the center console, and the carpeting and floor mats. We got the car back on July 3. on Monday, July 7; my husband took the car to have it inspected (at the dealership); since the state inspection was past due. They rejected the inspection stating that the electronic system is not recognizing the seat belts. They later changed their tune when I called them and are now trying to say it wasn't that it was the airbag wasn't hooked up; and they could fix it. I know they are lying, and they are trying to cover their tracks as this I am sure is just another electrical issue in my car. I am at my wits end on what to do with this car. I can't afford to trade it in, I have spent over $1000 on rental cars waiting for it to be repaired, and now this. Also, the power door locks still do not work.

- Gloucester, VA, USA

Jul 012008

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. While driving approximately 65 mph, the vehicle swayed across the highway to avoid striking an animal. The vehicle rolled over twice before crashing into a chain link fence. The air bags failed to deploy, but the contact was not injured. The fire and police departments arrived at the scene. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer. The insurance company stated that the vehicle was destroyed. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Shafter, CA, USA

Jan 072008

Accord 6-cyl

While my 2007 Honda Accord was stopped in traffic, it was hit in the rear by a car moving at a high rate of speed. Damage to my car was extensive, and both I and the driver of the other car were injured. I lost consciousness and suffered a concussion. I and the other driver were transported to the hospital by ambulance. In my car, the front, side and curtain air bags failed to deploy. The seat belt pre-tensioners probably did not work because I hit my head on the steering wheel with sufficient force to lose consciousness. I reported this to the local Honda dealer where my car is being repaired, and I requested that the dealer inform the Honda zone representative. My insurance company insists that my car is repairable, but I have lost total confidence in the safety systems of this car.

- Columbia, MD, USA

May 012007

Accord 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Accord. The contact depressed the accelerator slightly and the pedal became stuck. The contact's vehicle sped around and crashed into a parked vehicle. The contact depressed the brake pedal, but the vehicle failed to decelerate or stop. She continued to apply the brakes and the vehicle stopped abruptly. The dealer was contacted regarding this failure. The current and failure mileages were 2,800. The consumer stated the air bags didn't deploy. Updated 06/08/07.

- Knoxville, TN, USA