2007 Honda Accord seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jun 242014

Accord

Truck hit me. Totaled car. Broke shoulder. Had surgery. Over 5000O in bills.

- Buford, GA, USA

Jan 262016

Accord

Tuesday, January 26th, 2016, approx.9:45pm, my wife and I were traveling home from New Jersey back to New York through highly populated traffic and pedestrian zones. Our 2007 Honda Accord 4cyl, sedan with 59,700 miles came to a stop while traveling approx 20mph as we passed an intersection due to driver side curtain and seat deploying without cause. No other vehicle/pedestrian was involved, fortunately, and no damage was done to our vehicle. However the airbags strictly on the driver side, that are not part of a recall, deployed/malfunctioned thus potentially may have caused a serious or fatal accident had another vehicle or pedestrian been nearby. Local dealer, paragon in woodside, appraised damage and cost of repair at $6,000 parts and labor. The service engineer concluded any dips in roads, potholes, hills, basically landscapes that direct/force the front of a vehicle forward could potentially set off the sensor for airbag deployment. Contrary to their 'professional' statement our vehicle did not see such a scenario where only driver side of vehicle would require airbags being deployed. Should the road conditions been severve all airbags should of deployed. Having said that this should not be the case. Should their statement be "true" consequently airbags would be going off with no accidents more often, and this would be a regular repair and putting a greater population at risk. We believe the driver side malfunctioned and we cannot be held reponsible when this safety feature is out of our control. We cannot stress this enough that there was no accident. Vehicle was moving in a straight line 20mph going through a green light, on a modest incline downhill at best. Bear in mind I've driven through that intersection on a regular basis and this has never happened before. I would happily re demonstrate. The airbags that deployed are not part of a recall

- Maspeth, NY, USA

Nov 112015

Accord

My Honda Accord had a recall for both drivers side and passenger side airbags. I called the Honda dealer closest to me to set up and appt. To get them replaced. Took my car into the ryan Honda dealership and they performed the work in a couple of hours. When I left the dealership, which was at the service department closing time, I noticed my seatbelt/airbag light was on, and would never go off (this light was not on before I had the parts replaced). I called the dealership to explain to them that the light came on after the airbags were replaced and will not go off. They told me that my seatbelt sensor was out and that had nothing to do with the airbags! well, my seatbelt sensor was not out before they did the work on my car. Now, I'm leary that the airbags were not installed properly or something because of the light being constantly on. I do appreciate Honda sending the airbag recall and footing the bill, but don't think it's fair to go into the dealership and something else gets messed up and I have to pay to get it repaired at my expense.

- Choudrant, LA, USA

Aug 292015

Accord

The 2007 Honda Accord also listed as "vehicle" was traveling South bound on anson rd near 50th St, near wellington, ks. Vehicle struck mid-center of a extended SUV that pulled out from a farm access road. Vehicle was traveling at approximately 55mph, with cruise control set. Driver applied breaks to try to stop, but failed to stop in time to avoid collision. Vehicle failed to deploy airbags. Safety restraint did not fail at time of impact, but failed to resend once unhooked from driver. Impact by vehicle was primarily mid-center, and vehicle was traveling well above the 30mph at time of impact which should have released the safety devices to protect the driver.

- Derby, KS, USA

Apr 152015

Accord 4-cyl

My seat belt get wet from the inside of the car when it rains, and the car picks up alot of outside noise when I'm driving.

- Wilmington , DE, USA

Jan 032015

Accord 4-cyl

When it rains and I enter the car and begin to place my seatbelt on as I pull it I notice that the seatbelt is soak and wet.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Apr 132013

Accord 4-cyl

I had previously filed a complaint 7/31/2013. Id number: 10532958. Due to the recent recall of air bags Honda had purchased by a certain manufacturer and the time frame being allowed to Honda to rectify, I felt the need to update my complaint. The impact to the car in from was so minimal they did not have a dent, our airbags deployed at 30-35 mph, reading other complaints, yes the sound was horrific, likely to hitting a brick wall, the seat belt tension rod snapped at the impact, my eyelashes were burnt and at the time I reported the complaint I was under the impression that I had suffered two herniate disc's from this. Far worse, one disc had herniated so badly it was pressing against my spinal cord, I was at a 50% risk of becoming completely paralyzed. I had cervical disc removal surgery. Too many complaints about this, either exploding without cause with debris and chemical causing injuries and or not operating at all, peoples lives are at stake, Honda should not be allowed to take their time in assessing these types of damages.

- Washington, NJ, USA

Jul 072009

Accord 4-cyl

My husband and I were hit by a driver who went thru a red arrow. The air bags did not deploy even though the car was hit on drivers side from the head light past the rear door. Both the windows were broken on driver's side there was glass everywhere, damage was extensive. The driver's and front passengers dual-stage airbags, driver's and front passengers side airbags and side curtain airbags did not deployed. The seat belt on passenger side did not tighten up went passenger was thrust forward. The magnitude and force of the crash caused abrupt jerking to our heads and necks. The range of motion in my neck is very limited I cannot turn head to see blind spots or back out of parking spots when driving. We both have disc problems to our back and neck causing us difficulty when walking, standing or sitting and in our every day living. If the airbags deployed our injuries would not have been so extensive and our lives would be better.the car was repaired using some used parts costing $12,000 to repair. I feel this car is unsafe. Six airbags did not deploy in a major car crash and someone could be driving this car today. We bought this Honda because of all the safety features but they failed to work.

- Laguna Woods, CA, USA

Apr 152010

Accord 6-cyl

2007 Honda Accord ex-navigation. I have owned this vehicle since 2010 with 30K. They should be multiple recalls on this vehicle. In 2 occasions on the highway, I was unable to stop this vehicle. I rear ended one vehicle doing 45 mph without the airbags deploying. The airbag light stays on with it flashing. I had a complete brake system overhaul. Second time, the same thing happened. I pressed on the brakes and it takes so long for the vehicle to respond. Dealership told me there was no issue with the airbags or braking system. After both accidents the airbag light flashes and stays on. Also the seat belts stay in a locked position and won't retract. Dealership says the piston in the seat belts were bad. I waited to have them fixed. Good thing because both seat belts retracted after three weeks. Separate issue with the seals on the outer doors. Every time it rains I end up with 3 inches of water on the driver side rear floor. I had the dealership also check this. They said they fixed the problem. All problems still occur to this day. I had owned Honda Accord all my life of 48 years. I have my doubts of ever buying another Honda vehicle after this awful experience.

- Guilford, CT, USA

Aug 232011

Accord 6-cyl

Heavy traffic, large truck in front of me, a large muffler in the middle of my lane in the road, was unable to change lanes due to other vehicles next to me, and was unable to drive off road - barriers set in the berm next to road. Did my best in straddling the muffler, in which it had seemed it would clear the bottom of my car. I didn't clear it, the curtain airbag and seat airbag imploded on the left side of my head/ear (very loud pop and some smoke-type substance in air) on the driver's side, along with my seat belt retracting very tightly. Was able to move the airbag so that I could drive the remaining short distance to my home.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Feb 062010

Accord

Child seating in car seat in my 2007 Honda Accord, (self latching) became tangled in the adult seat belt. It was so tight that she had to be cut out of it by a police officer. This is the first time that this has occurred. I called the Honda dealership and was told that there is not retraction option when the seatbelt is pulled out so far. They said that this isn't considered a safety issue. They didn't offer to repair it.

- Cottontown, TN, USA

May 262008

Accord

Multiple electrical difficulties vehicle has been at the dealership on 2 separate occasions due to sporadic working of the power door locks and keyless entry system. They still have not found the issue. It is worse when it is humid and/or rains. During the winter months of 2007/2008; the stereo's lcd went warped and the whole stereo had to be replaced. On memorial day 2008; the drivers side seat caught fire while I was sitting in it parked waiting on my children to come out of a theme park. My husband burned his hand trying to put out the fire; and was out of work for about 2-weeks due to the burn. The dealership and Honda refused to take responsibility for this fire; which started inside the seat due to the electronic seats and/or heated leather seats, as determined by the insurance company appraiser. The seat had to be replaced, the electronic seat components, heated leather seat components, part of the center console, and the carpeting and floor mats. We got the car back on July 3. on Monday, July 7; my husband took the car to have it inspected (at the dealership); since the state inspection was past due. They rejected the inspection stating that the electronic system is not recognizing the seat belts. They later changed their tune when I called them and are now trying to say it wasn't that it was the airbag wasn't hooked up; and they could fix it. I know they are lying, and they are trying to cover their tracks as this I am sure is just another electrical issue in my car. I am at my wits end on what to do with this car. I can't afford to trade it in, I have spent over $1000 on rental cars waiting for it to be repaired, and now this. Also, the power door locks still do not work.

- Gloucester, VA, USA

Jan 072008

Accord 6-cyl

While my 2007 Honda Accord was stopped in traffic, it was hit in the rear by a car moving at a high rate of speed. Damage to my car was extensive, and both I and the driver of the other car were injured. I lost consciousness and suffered a concussion. I and the other driver were transported to the hospital by ambulance. In my car, the front, side and curtain air bags failed to deploy. The seat belt pre-tensioners probably did not work because I hit my head on the steering wheel with sufficient force to lose consciousness. I reported this to the local Honda dealer where my car is being repaired, and I requested that the dealer inform the Honda zone representative. My insurance company insists that my car is repairable, but I have lost total confidence in the safety systems of this car.

- Columbia, MD, USA