9.2

1. replace transmission (9 reports)
2007 Honda Accord transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Accord:

2007 Honda Accord Owner Comments

May 232012

Accord EX 3.0L

We are shocked that this problem has gone this far. My 2007 accord transmission failed at 71,000. Honda just lost all my business. We'll meet again in court.

- , San Jose, CA, USA

May 032013

Accord EX 2.4L

At roughly 54000 miles this car left me on the side of the road and would not move. After getting my wits about me, I started the car, put it in 1st gear, and nothing but a little grind, all other gears had the same effect. Well, guess what, looked under the car and see a nice puddle of oil with a gear, of some sort laying in the oil. Disgusted doesn't even come close to the feelings I had at this time. 58 years old, so I drive my car but certainly not like a 16 year old kid by any means. Honda has pretty much told me that Im on my own. This is my 2nd honda and my last.

- , Zachary, LA, USA

May 022011

Accord

My Honda Accord 2007 is currently out of warranty with a transmission that needs to be replaced.

Have had this car for over 4 years with nothing but problems. The car was always serviced a the honda dealership and their "professionals". We have noticed a problem with the steering wheel shaking starting from the day we pickup the car from the dealership. Every time we mention about the problem - they would do nothing but ignore it.

Do not buy Honda cars at all. This was our first honda and THE LAST ONE.

- , Commerce Twn, MI, USA

Dec 312010

Accord EX 4L

The engine cut out when we tried to put it in drive. Had to push it to a Les Schwab and they thought it was low on transmission fluid. Had it towed to a mechanic and he diagnosed a blown torque converter and transmission failure. He said it was a design flaw with the torque converter. Towed to McMinnville Honda and now waiting to see if this is under warranty.

- , Oregon City, OR, USA

Jan 012009

Accord EXL 4 cyl

2007 2 door accord....I was going up a plowed drive way, was stuck for less then 5 min to get out of a steep long drive way at a 30 sec point the car did not move and the wheels spun.. the rpm never passed 5 and the gas was never floored.. previous to this the car was making a noise. Honda said that it was because I had put an after market brake pad on and that I would hear the noise and feel a vibration, and I did hear and feel the noise. Later there was a severe shaking when lightly applying the brake when driving on the highway.. again back to my story.. the next day after the drive way incident.. the car was sticking in gear 3 and slipping when in 1st.. I parked and the transmission then blew.. honda stated that the car was "abused" and that they are going to deny the warranty claim despite that there are only 34,000 miles and its still covered original power train warranty. And it didn't matter that I purchased the 1800 $ dollar extended warrantee.. they suggested for me to call my insurance co.. I did and they stated that this is a honda issue & they will send an inspector but honda should honor the warranty.. I asked the service dept how does an 07 accord transmission blow? He stated, "well it only takes one snow storm( well that doesn't say much for honda) also note that I really didn't explain the plowed driveway, as they had already made up their mind the cause was the snow storm 2 days before. And they stated that when they opened the trans that they would see burned parts that would determine that the wheels were out of control and must had been on a snow bank. The final diagnosis was that when they opened it, they said a pin broke off in the trans and punctured something and damaged parts, it was burned, and the fluid leaked out...

- , Danbury, CT, USA

Aug 012008

Accord LX

I recently purchased a this car due to a outstanding lease deal. However i slowly stated to notice vibrations. The dealer told me the transmission had to be replaced. It was an inconvenience going back and forth from the Honda dealer for almost 2 weeks. Now i am worried it will happen again after the warranty period is over. Furthermore i have had other problems with this vehicle.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 302007

Accord EX V6

Although the vehicle only has 4800 miles, it has always felt like the car was stuttering. The transmission seemed to change gears too much - even when driving on the highway at a constant speed. The dealer says it is a "fluke" and will replace the transmission under warranty, but I am leary given the transmission history Honda has experienced with the Accord.

- , San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 012007

Accord EX 4-cyl

At 18,000 miles, a transmission should not need replacement! Here's the story. One morning the transmission light came on upon start. The car struggled to change gears, revving high before it would violently shift into gear. Brought it to a Honda dealership right away. They weren't sure the problem from the get go, but thought it had to do with the sensor. They replaced it and said the indicator light didn't go off so they had to go back in. Then they said there were two wires that were chewed up and they suspected a small critter had been keeping warm. They said they found nuts and berries in there as well. Although this isn't uncommon, I find it a little strange they didn't notice this before. Anyway, they replaced the wiring and the indicator light remained on. The next step was to replace the transmission. The car was in the shop a total of 25 days. They covered everything under warranty, except the wiring. A car rental was provided for me as well. I have a nagging feeling that because I paid for the wiring, I will somehow be responsible for the transmission when it goes after another 18k miles! It's difficult to trust the dealership when I feel they may be trying to cover their butts for a faulty transmission, which apparently they have a long history in Accord models. I doubt I will buy another Honda at this point.

- , Brewster, NY, USA

Mar 122007

Accord

Noticed fluids on the carport, was told the seals were leaking, new seals ordered when the transmission was removed to replace the seals was told that the casing was cracked, had to replace the whole transmission

- , Danville, VA, USA

Nov 082007

Accord LX 4 cyl

Transmission has been worked on 3 times since August. It finally "blew" out yesterday. Dealership is replacing with a refurbished one and are not extending my warranty. I have been extremely unhappy with this situation.

- , Macon, GA, USA