Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2008 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Accord:

2008 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 262008

Accord 4-cyl

Ongoing isuues with electircal system, lights flickering, accessories going in and out, seat uhpulstry and paint and seat frame. Had into another dealer and they said bad paint, bad fabric and flickering lights are chacteristics of the 2008 Honda Accord.service manager varified all problems and then I get a call later to pick up car because they tried to fix the seat and couldnt so they ordered another seat frame.I picked the car up next day with fraudulent paperwork, wrong dates and mialege.I was wondering why seatbelt did not feal tight.I get home and see that when they took seat out to try and fix, mechanic did not install seat belt back on the frame and he distryed the syl plate taking seat in and out and now the bolt cover is also picked up car from and brought it back.did not send car back with paperwork or even an apolagy.they claim they ordered replacement parts to fix what they damaged.please email me and I will let you know anything youd like.Honda was no help. Fourth time Honda owner and last! Honda quality and attitude is so poor, I am going back to american cars.

Feb 232008

Accord 4-cyl

My 2008 Honda Accord ex coupe is a nightmare. Trying to use the defroster while warming up car, blower motor kept losing power. Lights in and out of car are still flickering when you have the lights on and cooling fan comes on. Honda says all Honda do it. This is my fourth and this is the only one with this electrical issue. Honda is rude, and doesn't care. Besides pealing paint, bad drivers upholstry, the passenger seat will not stay still and hass a bead creaking sound. My selling dealer that told me not to come backs service manager told me I weigh too much. I am 245 lbs now. When we had our 04 and 06 I was 300 and it was fine. When you accelerate and decelerations seat moves. I have a spinal cord injury and today this caused it to hurt even more. If anyone would like to email me about what we should do with our expensive nightmares. We should all get a rally of our junkers together and block Honda headquarters and we will call the news to televise it.

Feb 192008

Accord 4-cyl

Vehicle passenger seat creaks and is not stable, lights on car continue to flicker and dim in and out when A/C and headlights are on. Very dangerous. Someone will think you are brightening them or stopping suddenly and will either cause a crash or road rage incident. Today eddie Milan, general manager of sloane Honda called me (can verify by cell phone bill) and "told me not to come back to sloane Honda anymore" great attitude after multiple purchases and sending multiple customers. Honda refuses to admit they have problems>I will complain everyday that it gives me problems. I urge all consumers who have these problems to keep complaining until Honda fixes this issue. Cars have problems. But flickering headlights and taillights are a danger.

Feb 182008

Accord 4-cyl

Headlights, taillights, interior lights, radio fan motor all fade in and out when cooling fan comes on. This was in the shop for this today along with pealing paint, bad seat track, bad upholstery and damage that sloane Honda did to my car in philadelphia, pa. Someone is going to get killed in these new 08 Accord. Honda doesn't care. Murry cohen service manager at sloane threw me out of the service department, threatened to call the police and refused to give paperwork showing the car was there, but I have the rental agreement they signed for the day. They say all Honda lights go in and out, this is my 4th and this is the only one that does it. Honda customer service is no help. Don't waste your breath calling. My email is if you have similar problems. I will complain to this site every day and you all should too. 24590 + tax and tags down the drain. I am getting a lemon lawyer and hope you all do to.