CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.

BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.

OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.

UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

7.0

1. replace door actuator (2 reports)
2008 Honda Accord electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Accord:

2008 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Feb 182012

Accord ES-L 3.2L V6

So I went back again to Honda and reported the problem, and they knew this time to check the doors to find that the left rear door actuator to be faulty. They ordered the part and I returned again for the fix. I am not happy that Honda is not doing anything about their faulty parts that they are adding to their vehicles. I feel that they have created a part that does not work with the older model vehicles as to why this occurred so quickly. Unfortunately it doesn't end here. A few days after this repair, the right front door went out. I just manually lock/unlock until I can get the money to repair it. I was happy to join the Honda family, but within six months, I've experienced so many issues. I had heard that these are very dependable long driving machines as to why I purchased this vehicle for commuting purposes. It would be helpful to hear that Honda has actuators that are not downward compatible and would replace free of charge as a result.

- , Snellville, GA, USA

Apr 022011

Accord EX 4 cyl

well, my passenger front door stopped locking/unlocking with my keyless remote and the switches on the door and then 2 weeks later the front driver door did the same thing. they wouldn't unlock when i put the car in park and wouldn't lock when the car was in drive over 8 mph either. I was out of warranty since i had a 2000 honda accord and never had a single issue with it except needing new tires and oil changes for it the 9 years I owned it, so i didn't take te extended on this one, and I have had brake issues and these stupis door actuator issues. $700 later to fix both front doors. and now today (2 months later, my driver back door won't unlock or lock unless i manually do it. SOOOO Annoying. My daughter couldn't get in/out of the car on the "convenient side" for her and this just seems like a weird issue...3 doors in 2 months?!?!?!

- , Royse City, TX, USA