- April 28: Honda Has a Fit With Their Honda Fit Sport
- April 21: Honda Recalls 204,000 Vehicles That Could Roll Away
- May 7: UPDATED: Over 3 Million Vehicles Recalled For Explosive Air Bags
- April 11: Honda Recalls 561,000 Vehicles Over Knockout Air Bags
- March 15: Honda Recalls 182,000 Vehicles That Slam on the Brakes When You Don't
- February 25: Feds Increase Investigation of 2005 Honda Pilot
Grinding Noise From Engine With Cold Temp Startup
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 43,860 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 44 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (24 reports)
- replace the VTC (variable timing control) actuator (18 reports)
- starter replaced (1 reports)
- vtc actuator update (1 reports)