- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 17 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 24 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 58 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 60 days ago
Catalytic Converter Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 30,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
exhaust system problem